Paid Social Manager
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
Job Title: Paid Social Manager
UK Salary: Competitive
Opening date: 7/10/2020
Closing date: 4/11/2020
Starcom is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences to create value through precision marketing, content and technology solutions. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including in the UK: Airbnb, Visa, Lidl, P&O Ferries, Samsung, Dreams, Fiat and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media—the global media solutions group which also encompasses Zenith, Spark Foundry.
This position requires a highly motivated & technical person to lead day-to-day strategic management and execution Samsung UK’s paid social business, overseeing strategy development and execution whilst simultaneously delivering excellent client service. This individual will help to define, design and deliver Performics vision and work closely with the wider team, media partners and any partner agencies.
THE ClientS & Team
The Paid Social Manager will be client facing and will be leading the paid team of six employees in execution of campaigns and assisting with wider projects for your clients and agency. The role is a great opportunity to be responsible for the development and deployment of strategies across varied performance-focused objectives and multiple markets on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok and more.
- Develop paid social program strategies and analysis for clients (e.g., identifying target audience, geographic, timing/scheduling strategy)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s products, competition, industry and marketing objectives; and be able to translate them into social strategies across multiple platforms
- Create and deliver paid social media strategies, and oversee the translation of these strategies into final media plan recommendations
- Work with extended agency groups to develop and refine advanced audience approach to increase conversion performance.
- Overseeing budgeting process, creation of projections and allocation with internal account teams
- Serve as an important day-to-day contact for clients, agency counterparts and within the performance group:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Contribute to client presentations and meetings, including presentation of data and results
- Establish practices to ensure both consistency in team-work, along with flexibility to flourish under new ideas
- Identify gaps/inefficiencies in a timely manner and work with the team to create improved processes
- Grow best practice training to inspire knowledge sharing within immediate team and beyond
- Take ownership of product strategy and testing, working with our media partners to develop innovation
- Team Management
- Prioritise teamwork, delegate responsibilities and develop your junior team members for advancement
- Ensure that any Account Executive/Senior Executive that reports to you is effectively executing, developing and optimising campaigns for added value, and you will assist with this where necessary
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Paid Social specialist, to lead the strategic and tactical execution of the Paid Social campaigns. The dynamic and fast-paced nature of Paid Social demands a mix of creative and analytical skills in order to drive results across our national and global client portfolios.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the digital industry and technology. They will be interested in understanding how consumers think, feel and behave in relation to products and services; and in how technology can enable brands to engage with and influence this behaviour. The individual will enjoy working with data and have very strong attention to detail. They will be a team player who is keen to learn and is results-driven. They will be ready to take responsibility for the effective implementation of activity within their accounts and be eager to share their knowledge with the wider team and be an effective mentor and role model to their Executives and Senior Executives.
pre-requisites for the role
- Experience in planning, managing and activating multichannel paid social campaigns (including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit) to both brand and direct response objectives
- Proven experience of using Facebook’s Business & Ads Managers, Twitter Advertising, Snap Chat Business Manager, DV360
- Proven experience or strong knowledge of non-biddable digital channels including Paid Search, SEO, Programmatic Buying and organic-based channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc
- Experience or knowledge of how to use PRISMA or another similar finance reconciliation system
- Proven excellence in campaign activation and success (media owner published case studies, award wins)
- Bespoke paid social experience in the tech or telecom industry
- Certifications in Facebook Blueprint, Google Adwords and Twitter Flight School
- Managing a team of at least 5 members, and preferably across market locations
- Global activation experience and management of campaigns in other European or global markets
- Strong understanding of media research tools such as Brandwatch, SocialTools, GWI or TGI – you know their strengths/weaknesses, and when and how to effectively implement them in response to a brief but also long term strategy development