Sr. Copy Editor
- 100 E Penn Square, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Digitas Health is the agency of now: the first global connected-health agency, bringing urgency to the abundant opportunity contained in today’s fluid and complex healthcare environment. Digitas Health brings together people who are driven to do great things with healthcare brands, who are frustrated by the status quo, and who are seeking new and better ways to engage with their customers. The agency’s contemporary and bold approach provides a practical path to transformative life-changing work and proven business growth.
The Science & Medicine Department is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the healthcare content crafted by Digitas Health! The Copyediting Department vets copy that can pass the detailed scrutiny of our clients’ medical-legal-regulatory committees, as well as stringent FDA reviews. Our copyeditors review copy for spelling, grammar, and adherence to AMA and brand style as well as medical and scientific accuracy. The Copyediting Department also facts checks all manuscripts in order to ensure all claims are scientifically accurate. We work with all capabilities to ensure that medical information is accurately conveyed within the creative execution.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Perform copy editing, spell checks, and proofreads of scientific manuscripts, including advertisements, brochures, client presentations, banner ads, emails, and websites for direct to consumer and healthcare professionals as well as other materials, as assigned
- Perform fact checks of all scientific manuscripts in order to ensure all medical claims are properly cited and scientifically accurate
- Ensure adherence to style guidelines for copy and creative
- Maintain style guides for specific brands
- Collaborate with Creative and Account Services to ensure documents exhibit consistency, grammar, style, completeness, and accuracy for various healthcare materials
- Work collaboratively with copywriters and other team members
- Understand American Medical Association Manual of Style 10th Edition and other brand styles
- Engage in other tasks and responsibilities for brand, as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in English, healthcare, communications, or science
- ELS certification desired
- 5+ years of experience in copy editing
- 5+ years of experience in fact checking
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical marketing
- Must be capable of working in a team environment
- Must know how to use Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.