Senior Medical Writer - Medical Education and Strategy
- Baker St, Marylebone, London, UK
Who we are
Langland, a Publicis Health company, is the only health communications agency that thinks further across Clinical Trial Experience, Medical Strategy & Education, Public Relations & Policy, and Advertising, to create unique value with visionary clients.
What we believe
Health brings us together. In the diseases we suffer, the medicines we create, and the causes we champion, health shows us our collective humanity. When we break the barriers that divide us, when we think further, we can create healthier futures, together.
A passion for craft
Having expert thinking is only part of our story. To ensure excellence in everything we make, we have centred our disciplines around three essential crafts: science, strategy and creativity.
Owing to a demand for more editorial work from our clients and a flourishing editorial team, we are now looking to hire a new Senior Medical Writer. At this senior level position, you will be the content lead on several key accounts, responsible for both ideating and creating scientifically sound, strategic and impactful content for a range of initiatives (including congress activities, training materials, and medical and marketing programmes), and for guiding more junior writers on all aspects of their development.
To be successful, you will have a passion for healthcare and strong previous relevant experience in medical communications. You will have strong critical appraisal skills married with a strategic mindset and a flair for creativity such that you can create visually impactful ways to accurately communicate data and tell a compelling story. You will have a keen eye for detail, ensuring all content and is created to the highest standards that exceed client expectations. You will be able to communicate confidently and articulately in both formal and informal settings, taking the lead in content-based discussions with your clients. You will play a key role in guiding and mentoring more junior team members, equipping them with the skills they need to develop high‑quality content and to form strong relationships with colleagues and clients alike. You will be able to advise on budgets and timelines for all projects, challenge project briefs where needed, and proactively identify solutions to barriers in content delivery. You will work closely with the accounts lead on your accounts to drive project completion and think of new ways to grow the business.
- Takes responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of scientific content, ensuring quality, accuracy and integrity of own work and that of more junior team members; delegates as needed to ensure timely execution to a high standard
- Ensures that the scientific strategy is defined and cohesively applied across all deliverables for assigned accounts
- Seen as the go-to content expert for assigned therapeutic areas, and leads the accurate and impactful implementation of the client’s strategic imperatives and communication goals
- Leads content discussions internally and externally, confidently handling content challenges and guiding more junior team members
- Line manages more junior writers, taking responsibility for their training, performance and development (with guidance from more senior team members as needed)
- Provides research and content support for pitch development and other new business initiatives; identifies the strategic implications of product data and the therapeutic landscape and can confidently present their research in pitches
- Ideally, you will have worked within an agency
- You will have solid medical writing skills and experience, as you will be responsible not only for the quality of your own editorial work but also for providing advice and guidance to other writers and the wider agency
- You should have client-facing experience and be comfortable developing and maintaining client relationships
- You should hold a bachelor’s degree ideally in the life sciences possibly also with a master’s degree or a PhD
- Ideally, you will be office based but we are flexible and allow some home working where possible
The more diverse our team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational our culture and our work will become. Here are some of the ways we help promote diversity at Langland.
- Diversity & Inclusion management
- Anonymised CV submissions
- Mandatory unconscious bias training
- Career and school programmes to build industry access for people from mixed socio-economic backgrounds
- Support communities for women, LGBTQ+, BAME employees and their allies.
- A mental health programme which includes free HeadSpace membership.
- Publicis Groupe has committed €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network