Editorial Team Director
- Baker St, Marylebone, London, UK
WHAT WE DO
Welcome to Langland. A health communications agency that helps people, brands and businesses think further.
Four disciplines in one
We believe in the power of different perspectives. It’s why we have brought together four key health disciplines – Clinical Trial Experience, Medical Strategy & Education, PR & Policy and Advertising. This close collaboration allows our clients have the very best minds in health caring for the most important parts of their business.
Why think further?
When you remain open to working with others, you find answers you wouldn’t expect. Our vast experience allows us to pull-in the right people at the right moment. It’s why at times we may partner with medics, artists, marketers or policymakers to help you get the best results.
A passion for craft
Having expert thinking is only part of our story. To ensure excellence in everything we make, we have centred our disciplines around three essential crafts: science, strategy and creativity.
• Science – everything we say is medically sound
• Strategy – everything we do is well thought out
• Creativity – everything we make is truly memorable
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a passion for science and adept building high-performing, motivated teams. With considerable experience of both medical communications and line management.
Key duties include:
- Leading and developing a team of medical writers with responsibility for recruitment, resource and workflow planning, developing and maintaining editorial standards, and providing editorial and scientific review and quality assurance for designated accounts.
- Working in close collaboration with the Chief Scientific Officer, you will take responsibility for the motivation, training and professional development of your team, identifying training needs and shaping the educational curriculum.
- Taking an active role in key accounts, new business pitches and identification of organic growth opportunities.
- Being capable of developing scientific content to meet and exceed client expectations, while motivating and inspiring your team to deliver consistently strong results.
- Being responsible for the quality, scientific integrity and timeliness of your work and for line-managing a team of writers to achieve their fullest potential.
- Working in close collaboration with the client services team, you will nurture and expand the business relationships we have with our clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- A background in life-sciences and a proven interest in healthcare or scientific communication
- Experience of leading a team and managing professional development plans
- Experience of proactive resource management, including ad-hoc freelance support
- Experience of developing and educating on editorial standards and processes
An inclusive workplace
The more diverse our team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational our culture and our work will become. Here are some of the ways we help promote diversity at Langland.
• Diversity & Inclusion management
• Anonymised CV submissions
• Mandatory unconscious bias training
• Career and school programmes to build access to industry for people from mixed socio-economic backgrounds
• Support communities for women, LGBTQ+, BAME employees and their allies.
• A mental health programme which includes free HeadSpace membership.
Publicis Groupe has committed €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network.