- Cl. 93b #13-44, Comuna Chapinero, Bogotá, Colombia
Prodigious is a Publics Groupe’s production hub, Publicis is one of the largest communications groups in the world with over 80,0000 collaborators in over 100 countries.
In Prodigious, we believe in the Power of One, for that we create an environment and a culture that allows high performing teams innovate and develop great experiences to our clients.
We are looking for highly talented and enthusiastic professionals that are passionate about Design, Digital Marketing, Code Quality, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Improvement.
You will have the opportunity to work together with our clients, in a distributed agile environment, where leadership is required but also built along a senior team.
The Technical Director or Director of Technology is responsible for leading technical architect teams, scoping and developing complex, enterprise-class web sites, web applications and mobile applications.
The Director of Technology leads presentations to clients, helps build client relationships, and facilitates collaboration with other groups such as creative, business and technology. The DoT must assess technical tendencies and decide on the adoption of emerging technologies across the company.
The STA is an experienced software architect of demanding and complex systems that integrate content management systems and e-commerce platforms, and is a strong client relationship builder.
- Direct the technical capabilities of an account or region, coordinating with the various departments and directors in other capacities
- Act as the main technical point of contact with other teams such as creative, business and technology throughout all phases of a project lifecycle
- Act as a technical point of contact for client interactions outside of project activity, including presentations, marketing pitches, and on-site meetings
- Explain architecture decisions/rationales to client and tech teams
- Own the technical architecture and design of systems and oversees development
- Translate business and functional requirements into a viable technical solution, including system architecture, design decisions and estimation
- Ensure concise and clear documentation is maintained by all peers for the projects as dictated by each Capability’s guidelines and best practices
- Establish coding guidelines and best practices, and ensure well defined processes (e.g. code reviews, static analysis, etc.) are in place to ensure adherence
- Establish project scaffolding and associated automation tools for the project
- Establish continuous integration platform and strategy used in the project
- Own software release activities, including, but not limited to, reviewing code changes, client demos, QA hand-offs, and present solutions and justifications for tasks
- Provide expert knowledge of application/system architecture, guiding the dev process to ensure code is developed to spec
- Provide expert knowledge of vendor negotiations and vendor evaluations geared towards technical evaluation of software and organization
- Be responsible for deployment and source code management activities such as creating tags and branches, and resolving merges and conflicts
- Create training programs for technologies within fields of expertise
- Lead capability activities and initiatives
- More than 10 years’ web development experience is a MUST.
- More than 6 years working as the technical leader in teams and projects
- More than 6 years’ experience building and maintaining client relationships
- Expertise in data storage patterns and practices, namely relational (SQL) and/or non-relational (NoSQL) platforms
- Expertise deploying and troubleshooting the following tools:
- Process Automation & Scripting (e.g. Grunt, Maven, Ant, Powershell)
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Hudson, Jenkins, Teamcity, CruiseControl)
- Expertise integrating web solutions with web services and third-party platforms
- Advance English level (C1)
- Expertise in at least one back-end programming language (e.g. Java, C#, PHP, Python, etc.) and object-oriented analysis and design
- Expertise in design patterns (e.g. model-view-controller, observer, etc.) and software engineering principles
- Expertise with cloud-based solutions (e.g. Amazon, Rackspace, Azure, etc.), deployment guidelines and enterprise system infrastructure (Apigee, Mule, WCF, etc.)
- Expertise in web performance best practices, such as load balancing and caching (CDN, HTTP caching, memory caching, etc.)
- Expertise effectively designing the physical and logical architecture of a system across servers, data centers and content delivery networks
- Proficiency with various architectural patterns (Service Oriented Architecture, Aspect Oriented Architecture, N-tier, Distributed Architecture, Client-Server) and the reasons for choosing each one
- Proficiency with system security within various platforms including Unix and Windows, SSL certificates, single sign-on, data encryption and role-based authorization
- Fluency with parallelization (Hadoop, MapReduce and similar algorithms) and real-time operations, as well as an understanding of when to apply these techniques and their costs and risks
- Capable of designing and choosing a quality assurance process for the project including guidelines for unit tests, load testing and performance testing
- Ability to speak to clients and the industry about the significance of pursuing next generation technologies in regards to business value and long-term goals
- Access to Prepaid Medical Plan provided by Prodigious
- Employee engagement activities and events
- Days of Work from Home
- Flexible Schedule
- Prodigious Academy
- Technical trainings, soft skills development, technical certifications, access to online libraries and e-learning platforms
- English language training by a professional language teacher
- Find your path Program
- You will have a coach that will support and help you grow