Sr. Data Strategist
- Stralauer Allee, Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
Headquartered in Berlin, Publicis Emil is a bespoke global agency within Publicis Groupe for Daimler (Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart). We are on a single-minded mission to help accelerate their journey to become the world’s automotive digital champion.
To do this, we have drawn on the best talent from agencies across the Groupe: cutting-edge expertise and diverse skills as one integrated end-to-end agency to serve advertising and marketing, digital experience & services, data intelligence and analytics, CRM, web and social commerce as well as local dealer communications.
We work with data at the heart to give Daimler’s entire marketing organization the ability to make better and smarter decisions.
We put customer centricity at the heart of everything we do, using ‘living’ customer profiles and journeys to engage people for purchases and beyond.
We are agile, collaborative and interdisciplinary. As we establish new teams across borders, we will ensure our work culture continues to reflect the spirit and behaviors that convinced Daimler that we should be their transformation partner.
We are pioneering the agency model of the future, recognizing that our success will be as much about the digital transformation and growth of our client, as it will be about the development and fulfilment of our people.
Working on a new project with Daimler’s AMG brand the purpose of the role for the first 3 month will be to deliver a data strategy and plan for taking the relationship in to 2021.
The role will work closely with the Project Manager and Business Lead specifically to lead data workshops which will be set up with the client to accelerate our knowledge of AMG’s data environment. This will be closely linked to the initial data audit work.
The role reports to the AMG Business Lead and currently has no reports. The AMG team is currently expanding, and it is envisaged that several roles will be recruited at this time so the candidate will be joining an expanding, dynamic and very friendly team!
The ideal candidate would be a person with a proven track record in working with new data clients as well as delivering high quality Strategy within a Digital and Data environment. The candidate will need strong client skills and be able to work in the quickly evolving environment that new projects generate.
Hands on technical experience in data tools is a distinct advantage but a good understanding of their capabilities would suffice. Good administrative skills are required as we run a very transparent process using collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence which our clients have open access to.
In addition to the technical and process focus of the role the candidate would need to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and at AMG from very junior to very senior. Good collaboration and people skill are required. Previous experience of working with an automotive client, or a keen interest in the automotive industry would also be a benefit.
· Be able to demonstrate a proven track record of managing and bedding in new data clients. Whilst Publicis Emil have had a relationship with AMG for some time this will be the first engagement with a data project of this scale
· Have experience of planning and delivering data-driven strategies and understand how they will affect our client’s business
· Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, to simplify complexity and to explain insights in a broader strategic context
· Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Teams
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
· Be used to cooperating with a number of teams for example you will be required to work with internal Publicis Emil teams, AMG and other stakeholders
· Fluent writing and speaking skills in English
· Be available to travel to Berlin (Publicis Emil head office) and Affalterback (near Stuttgart), AMG’s head office. Current Government travel advice will be adhered to at all times in light of Covid 19. MS Teams is Publics Emil’s platform of choice for remote collaboration when required