Associate Director, Project Management
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
Associate Director, Production
This position presents a unique opportunity to work in a diverse and talented environment that rewards ambition, smarts and dedication. If you’re a driven and experienced production executive working in the multichannel marketing field, consider Heartbeat.
The Associate Director, Production will oversee high-priority, large-scale client engagements with responsibility for program-level executional excellence, client satisfaction, and financials.
- Manage 2-5 junior- to senior-level Producers. Responsible for providing training, career development (including performance reviews), mentorship and day-to-day oversight to ensure adherence to process and Heartbeat’s standards of quality.
- Prepare and/or serve as final reviewer of all planning documentation for your portfolio of business including timelines, budgets, Statements of Work (SOW), invoicing schedules, and financial reports.
- Work with Producers and department heads to appropriately staff projects, maintain project timelines, and provide input on day-to-day resource allocations.
- Act as a first point of escalation for production related issues. Independently lead and make decisions to troubleshoot situations that balance the needs of the account and agency.
- Act as an enforcer of best practices, effective processes and executional excellence for projects within your portfolio.
- Act as a key trusted and respected, senior-level client and partner agency contact for production related topics. Become an expert in client-specific requirements and processes.
- Partner with Client Services for annual client planning, helping to define tactics that align with the strategic objectives, budget, SOW and rollout plan development.
- Embody the Heartbeat Ideas mission and vision by playing a senior-level role within the agency.
- 7-9 years project management experience, of which a subset has been spent managing direct reports
- Working with internal teams on multiple projects at once
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven success delivering projects on time and within budget
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Self-motivated, disciplined, fast learner, organized
- Strong understanding of web technology and infrastructure
- Expertise in developing and managing budgets and timelines
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills
- Professional presentation and polished client management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.