Data Scientist (Decision Science Identity Team)
- 101 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
External Title: Data Scientist
Internal Title: Decision Sciences, Scientist
In this role, you will research and develop enhancements to Epsilon’s CORE Personalization Platform to continually increase the capabilities of Epsilon’s digital marketing businesses.
The Decision Sciences group is a collaborative, multi-disciplinary R&D team combining data science, machine learning, AI, computer science, and more. Our colleagues love the fast-paced, dynamic work environment, the speed with which we translate research to business impact, the opportunity to continually learn new knowledge and skills, the internal research seminars, the external training opportunities, and the excellent work-life balance our culture promotes.
We prioritize talent and potential over having closely similar prior experience. If using internet scale data to drive business impact excites you, we want to talk to you.
- Conduct projects from early stage research through development, in consultation with stakeholders
- Use your expertise in data science, machine learning, and/or computer science to research and recommend solutions to our technology and business problems
- Provide technology leadership to yield innovative differentiating solutions
- Implement and optimize state of the art algorithms in distributed environments
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects
- Develop an understanding of Epsilon PeopleCloud Digital Media Solutions personalization platform and proprietary datasets
- Ph.D in a computational, mathematical, engineering, or scientific field
- Research experience in a computational area such as data science, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, or graph algorithms.
- Fluency in programming
- Analytic and modeling skills; proficient at conceptualizing, implementing, and evaluating accurate and scalable solutions to business problems
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience with distributed computing
- Demonstrated proficiency working with business and technical teams to integrate algorithms into product platforms on large data sets
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.