Media Planning Manager
- Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
A Planning Manager’s role is the primary contact for clients on tactical requests and to oversee the day-to-day communications planning and/or buying process for the assigned accounts. This involves translating the clients’ marketing brief to communication implementation together with the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Client Management
- Establish a partner-relationship with clients by being involved in the business environment.
- Provide business solutions through media approaches for assigned brands.
- Ensure professional deliveries in all client dealings.
- Manage clients' requests appropriately (e.g. push back on unreasonable timelines, make judgment or evaluate value on ad hoc requests).
- Take ownership for assigned brands.
- Build and coach high performing team members as required
2. Business Partner Management
- Leverage good relationships with business partners (e.g. creative, media owners), hence the ability to obtain updated information that contributes to the work objectives, value-add to clients or a smooth campaign placement.
- Conduct professional briefings to business partners on innovations and ensure alignment to clients' objectives.
- Ensure clear documentation on all communications with business partners.
- Ensure best value from all negotiations across media owners and campaigns.
- Manage and resolve conflicts between team members and media owners.
3. Research & Media Applications Proficiency
- Proficient in all syndicated and proprietary media applications.
- Display competency in using advanced functions in each tool.
- Able to tap into proprietary consumer insight applications or alternative sources for more in-depth analysis.
- Proficient in using agency's planning approach.
- Assist the team members to reconcile all media payment variances of assigned brands.
- Work with team members to ensure accurate and timely invoicing (e.g. regular review of unbilled reports, resolve unbilled cases with Finance).
- Follow-up with clients on ageing matters.
5. Industry Knowledge (Consumer, Business or Brand Insights)
- Exhibit good understanding and forecast on media/ industry/brand development & implications to the businesses.
- Evaluate the strategic implications of media/ industry/brand developments.
- Leverage media to achieve brand objectives, hence providing in-depth evaluations or proposals to assigned campaigns.
- Initiate alternative resources on consumer/brand/ business insights apart from industry sources.
6. Investment Management
- Optimize the given investment or allocate appropriate investments by medium/brands.
- Provide investment consultation to client on appropriate budget to meet the desired objectives.
- Supervise on cost management for brand across medium used.
- Master contract management (e.g. propose, negotiate, track fulfillment, etc.)
- Input on action plans in expenditure reports.
- Reconcile all sources of costing/investment variances.
7. Corporate Responsibility
- Participate in pitches and awards submission.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviors to uphold the company's image, reputation and credentials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with related coursework in advertising, marketing, and/ communications
- 3 - 5 years media planning/buying experience (internship strongly preferred)
- Working understanding of media, research resources, and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, good follow through, able to multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Mastery of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates should have a natural affinity for research, numbers, and analysis