Director, Digital (Temporary Full-time Position)
- 134 Peter St, Toronto, ON M5V 2H2, Canada
At every moment of everyday we’re sending off signals that tell the world all about us -who we are, what we do, how we think, how we feel, what we buy, where we go. As Account Director/Pod Lead for UNISON, you will capitalize on these signals to drive media performance, while also creating most compelling stories for our client
This position is a temporary assignment with UNISON and will be active till July 2021.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, communications or related area
- 8+ years of progressive levels of responsibility, with emphasis on digital and performance media
- Strong business acumen and experience in a data driven performance marketing environment
- Advanced understanding of online and offline channels -online video, programmatic, social media, paid search, TV, radio, OOH
- Ability to express complex ideas simply and concisely •Excellent communication skills –written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines•Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Willingness and eagerness to learn, adopt new technologies and solutions and take on new opportunities•Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to embrace a role that requires a mix of art and science
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced working knowledge other campaign management processes and tools –Prisma, DDS, Mediatools, Ad Ops, etc.
- Experience working in the Financial category, completion of Facebook Blueprint and any Google Certifications a strong asset
- Providing strong leadership to a cross functional team of performance media specialists to deliver successful digital led integrated campaigns
- Developing strong partnerships with senior client stakeholders to propel key projects, improve ways of working, and develop a deep understanding of their business
- Proactively identifying and implementing processes that make their operations smoother, easier, and more effective
- Promoting continuous optimization of the accounts and constantly seeking ways to improve campaign activity and marketing effectiveness
- Collaborating with the wider team to plan and execute strategies that deliver on marketing objectives while being in budget and on time, in response to client briefs
- Building of cutting-edge strategies and tactical plans to drive brand and product acquisition
- Developing budget allocations across media and building media mix scenarios -resulting in strategic and effective media plans
- Ensuring finance and compliance requirements are followed –including oversight of budget pacing to make sure planned and billed dollars are delivering against forecasts
- Mentoring performance media manager and extended team, running of semi-annual review and identifying of opportunities for development
- Providing support to Group Account Director and COE leadership to deliver portfolio best practices and thought leadership
Starcom is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for all stages of the interview and employment process for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Starcom however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.