- Floors 5 – 8, HUB 2, Building of SEZ Towers, Karle Town Centre, Nagavara, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes. For more information, visit us at https://india.epsilon.com/
The mandate of the Data Engineer is to make the competitive edge a reality by providing high quality innovative custom solutions.
As an integral member of the Data Engineering team, the role of the Data Engineer / Data Analyst to help provide unique data solutions for internal and external customers. These data solutions typically involve the sourcing and extraction of multiple data sources, their manipulation and transformation and finally the implementation. There is an emphasis for developing, testing, implementing, managing present and future utilities and working with other Sr. Developer on custom projects / new product & pilot initiatives. There is also an emphasis on rapid turnaround while maintaining a high degree of quality.
The purpose of position includes:
- Develop, modify and maintain applications & solutions written in Perl, Shell, SQL and C/C++.
- Enhancing existing applications with new functionality using above technologies in production environment.
- Execute on development requests in a fast-paced environment with short SLAs.
- Reading and modifying SQL as per requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, multi-task and execute on many simultaneous requests.
- Work with internal clients to troubleshoot/resolve issues with file processing and conversions.
- Design and development using Perl, SQL, UNIX scripting and C/C++.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and convert data to multiple targets.
- Unit testing and debugging. Perform root cause analysis (RCA) for any failed processes.
- Document existing processes as well as analyze for potential automation and performance improvements.
- Convert business requirements into technical design specifications and execute on them.
- Execute new development as per design specifications and business rules/requirements.
- Participate in code reviews and keep applications/code base in sync with version control.
- Effective communicator, self-motivated and able to work independently but fully aligned within a team environment.
- Should be able to modify existing programming/codes for new requirements.
- Collaboration with team members, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new solutions and enhancements.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 2+ years of experience in Perl, Shell, SQL, and C/C++.
- Proven skills in business requirements development and modeling business processes.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and ability to excel in both team environment and independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adjust focus and determine priorities quickly and effectively in response to changes in the business' needs.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong UNIX environment and scripting skills. Also prefer C, C+, Perl knowledge
- Experience with Relational Database concepts (preferably Oracle).
- Experience with e-commerce, external data management and Understand project management methodologies, the SDLC would also be an asset
- Experience working with flat files, Ascii/Ebcdic, binary data, bitmapping, and ETL processing is fundamental
- 1+ year of programming experience in Perl and C/C++.
- 1+ year of experience working with UNIX environment along with shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of SQL with any RDBMS (Oracle preferred).
- Experience with e-commerce, external data management and SDLC would be a plus.
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Motivated to learn new technologies, applications and domain.
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome any kind of challenges.