Group Account Director
- 4/21 Harris Street, Pyrmont, NSW, Australia
Fuel Communications is part of Herd MSL, and is owned by Publicis Communications.
As part of this group we solve complex business problems through outstanding creative ideas, technically excellent execution and content led multi-channel campaigns. Our difference is our fearless, curious and ambitious team - with 65 specialists across the Herd MSL group who are passionate about creative and integrated campaigns with impact.
Our strategy is simple - recruit brilliant people, provide great work and the ability to learn in a creative environment. Our talented team is most passionate about complex and disrupted sectors and large scale strategic projects. We work with an impressive portfolio of clients, ranging from established multi-national technology companies, and leading consumer and corporate brands, to innovative industry leaders and fast growth start-ups.
As a result of our growth and success, we are looking for a Group Account Director to join our team, working across some of the world’s most iconic brands.
To be successful in this role you’ll bring:
- A passion for new business – hunger for networking, leading and inspiring our people to bring new business opportunities to life and driving the team to success
- Strong strategic planning skills, deep rooted experience in crafting and implementing complex earned and owned communications strategies for national and international brands
- Prior experience in integrated roles - making the complex simple and managing teams and talent to collaborate across agency Brand and Groupe portfolios
- A passion for delivering impactful and measurable business outcomes with clear examples of success
- Commercial acumen – you are targeted and solutions driven and have the ability to negotiate effectively and upskill your teams to do the same. Strong business and people management skills
- The desire to jump into a leadership role – independent but collaborative approach with strong stakeholder management capability, clear senior counsel and the confidence to navigate issues quickly and effectively
- A passion for creativity and developing large scale ideas with earned at the heart. You will understand techniques to get the best ideas from our team and work closely with our creative director to develop award winning ideas that will get our clients talked about
You must have:
- Minimum of 10 years of communications experience, preferably with consumer lifestyle and FMCG expertise
- Experience in delivering in a fast paced environment; displaying logical thinking, forward planning and the ability to identify, flag and solve problems
- Strong technical skills – written, spoken, presenting
- The ability to lead an ambitious team to success – people manage and drive professional development to success
- Excellent industry and political landscape knowledge to translate into our every day
- Relevant tertiary qualification
Herd MSL offers flexible working arrangements to suit personal commitments, a fast-paced and fun environment, a people focused learning culture, variety and opportunity, and a heap of added benefits including birthday days off, Friday 3pm finish throughout summer, additional leave with longevity, access to industry leading mentors and much more. Plus, you get to work in our creative and open office in the heart of Pyrmont.
Keen to hear more and share why you’re the one for this role – please get in touch!
Herd MSL operates as an associated entity of Publicis Communications Australia Pty Ltd.
Herd MSL believes that our people are our greatest asset. Our people are chosen for their personalities, their ethics and professional qualities without any exclusion, preferential treatment or discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate by reason of age, gender, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or disability or any other difference. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate assistance for candidates with disabilities or special needs throughout the recruitment process upon request.