Director of Data & Analytics
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Walk the halls of SSW and you'll find a rather spirited and passionate group of people. It's a stimulating assembly of professionals—writers, managers, strategists, art directors, planners, analysts and developers.
We believe the only way to move people to live healthier, happier lives is to create ideas that move them emotionally. Never powered by reason alone, people – whether they’re consumers, caregivers, doctors or payers – are motivated to take action by emotion. Only when people feel something will they be willing to do something.
For decades, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness has provided consumer and professional marketing, strategic consulting and medical education to pharmaceutical and wellness brands. Today, we're dedicated to continuing that legacy by raising the bar and crafting award- winning work online, on-air, in print and in-office. Going beyond addressing simply the absence of illness, our vision is to inspire a healthier, happier world. Together, we strive to help brands thrive in today’s culture of wellbeing by leveraging the power of Wellness IntelligenceSM.
We are seeking a Director of Analytics to join our growing analytics capability. The Director of Analytics is responsible for the development of best-in-class marketing analytics deliverables, dashboards, and reports, which will entail close collaboration with both clients and external partners/vendors. The expectation is for this role is to take the ownership of the end-to-end analytics process – from implementation and data-gathering, through to finalized insights and client presentation, with a focus on helping clients interpreting the results of analyses/reports and guiding them through actionable ways to strategically implement the insights and findings unearthed. The successful candidate will have a mix of technical and non-technical client-facing skills: we are looking for an individual that is not only passionate about and comfortable with working with large sets of data – but also someone who gets excited about finding meaning within that data to successfully transform our client’s business and marketing challenges. The role will be based in New York, New York.
- Manage a team of 2-3 direct reports, both data analysts and engineers, in the execution and ongoing maintenance of various analytics deliverables, as well as ad-hoc analyses that can impact the client’s business goals
- Collaborate closely with clients to derive insights from various reporting deliverables (both SSW- and partner-owned) and translate those insights into actionable, strategic next steps
- Surface and recommend additional projects and analyses that can enable the client to meet their strategic business goals
- Own complete delivery cycle of ongoing analytics deliverables, including integrated marketing dashboards (developed within Tableau, PowerPoint, PowerBI, and potentially other platforms)
- Gather business requirements for analytics deliverables, including documentation of data architecture requirements, measurement planning, and front-end wireframes
- Manage and integrate data from a wide variety of sources, including (but not limited to) Web, Media, Rx, Payer, Coupon/Co-Pay, Sampling, Social, and CRM
- Work closely with internal (Analytics/Account/Engagement Strategy/UX) and external (Media Agency, 3rd Party vendors) partners to develop customer insights and recommendations based on learnings from the data.
- Develop & maintain detailed documentation of deliverables
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the context of the data
- Responsible for ongoing web analytics implementation & QA utilizing tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and Google Tag Manager
- Leverage a combination of SQL, Python, R, and potentially other languages to store, query, and analyze data relevant to client needs
- BS in a quantitative field (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and Engineering) preferred
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA/PhD) desired
- Motivated to learn new tools, techniques, and platforms
- Minimum 2 years working experience with a BI Tool such as Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, or Microstrategy
- Minimum 2 years working with SQL
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Python, SAS, or SPSS desired
- Experience with advanced analytics techniques such as Regression, Neural Networks, CART, etc. desired
- Experience with third party Ad Serving Solutions (i.e. DFP/DFA/DART, Atlas)
- Experience with Web Analytics Tools, including Implementation (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract the context of the data through standard data analysis methodologies
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Professional work ethic (accountable, reliable, honest)
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity & evolving business needs
- Capability of multitasking with proper prioritization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.