Account Supervisor- Discovery
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Discovery, a Publicis Health agency
Discovery is a specialty healthcare advocacy agency dedicated to helping pharmaceutical clients improve health outcomes in the communities in which they serve. In order to achieve this, we find ways to shape the environment by identifying unmet needs and gaps in the community and developing strategies and tactics for our clients to collaboratively address them. Tactics may include:
- Analysis of advocacy landscapes
- Insight generation (eg, surveys, focus groups, steering committees, advisory boards, etc.)
- Conference strategy and coverage
- Advocacy resources/tools
- Stakeholder engagement
- Education and awareness
Overall Position Summary
Discovery is looking for an outstanding Account Supervisor who assists in the development and management of advocacy accounts, strategy and tactics for major pharmaceutical companies and brands. Our ideal candidate will have experience planning and managing projects with the internal agency team as well as the client team. They will have thoroughly mastered the daily tactical elements of the account, actively participates in longer-term strategic planning and can help shape efficiencies across agency departments.
Other responsibilities for the Account Supervisor positon are as follows:
- Comprehensive understanding project execution from initiation through completion
- Manage and oversee projects/initiatives, including tactical development and execution (including internal and client review)
- Guides internal team (creative team and junior staff) and the client, ensuring that jobs are done efficiently and are consistent with client expectations and strategy.
- Oversee overarching project/initiative timelines to ensure that all process runs smoothly and all deliverables are sent to the client in a timely fashion
- Manage thorough documentation from junior staff including: client communications, status reports, contact reports, etc.
- Contribute thoughtfully to the tactical planning and creative process
- Develop strong and positive working relationships with project management, creative, finance, and other departments.
- Understand client needs and dynamics
- Be able to own client relationships; communicate directly and frequently with client autonomously. Build rapport and credibility with client peer based on trust and expert counsel. Effectively manage difficult conversations.
- Organize/manage and have experience in leading client presentations.
- Responsible for day-to-day business leadership, including strategic input
- Contribute to overarching account strategy development and implementation
- Understand client positioning and strategy thoroughly; have solid competitive knowledge
- Keep team informed of changes in client/competitive climate. Communicate clearly and frequently
- Influence and diplomacy in written and verbal communications. Effective but concise communications
- Experienced account services professional
- Business Skills - decision quality, business acumen, dealing with ambiguity
- Operating/Org Skills- planning & results driven, can help drive agency process and deliverables
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience in the account services field within the advertising industry, management consulting discipline or a similar industry required
- A minimum of one (1) year of prior staff management, development and mentoring experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Willingness to travel (10 – 15%)
- A demonstrated track record of expanding business with existing customers (upselling); and experience supporting new business pitches preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.