Senior Vice President/ Search Marketing
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 21 countries and 34 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com
Senior Vice President – Search Marketing
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling. Paving the way for this is our powerful Search Marketing team, determined transform the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for an outstanding Senior Vice President to lead the charge. Up for it? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As Senior Vice President of Search Marketing, you’ll continuously build the agency’s search practice (SEM and SEO) to support aggressive revenue growth. You’ll help take the Digitas brand to the next level by elevating global recognition of the company name, services and vision.
Day to day, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a world-class team in executing the smartest, most effective mix of search marketing strategies/tactics, working with online and offline advertising teams
- Will assume a Search leadership role for one of the agency’s largest accounts, with responsibilities to include:
- Leadership of a team of SEM experts (roughly 25 person team in US, India and LatAm)
- Direct partnership with search-specific clients within a large, financial institution where the relationship is trusted, stable and long-standing
- Connection point to other Performance Media and Data & Analytics team members and clients
- Visionary for the future of search as a channel as well as how search fuels other aspects of the business (ie. innovation in platforms/technology, data-driven creative, consumer behavior)
- Highly collaborative with other capabilities, given “full service” nature of this particular client team
- Provides leadership across other businesses as well as aids in pitching new business
- Manages 4-5 national, direct reports across SEM and SEO with possible expansion into broader performance marketing efforts (clients and/or talent management)
- Overseeing multiple work streams of client business, serving as the primary contact to articulate the Digitas view on media strategy and business philosophies
- Directing long-term and short-term strategic marketing efforts to meet market share and sales goals
- Helping assess and pursue new business opportunities while maintaining the company’s existing strengths
- Understanding changes to the marketplace and industry, adjusting marketing plans accordingly
- Effectively using the web and other tools to automate campaign management and scale the business in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Overseeing all program budgets, including staffing and resource requirements
- Comprehensively managing assigned accounts, including management of industry/category knowledge, media planning, media negotiations and implementation, performance tracking and analysis
We’re looking for a top-notch Senior Vice President who is also a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- A four-year degree and 15 or more years of impressive work experience, including 10+ years in search marketing, preferably at a creative agency (Master’s degree and international exposure are preferred)
- Successful candidates will have a lean-forward, performance-marketing mindset, a clear POV on what is needed to drive performance success and curiosity for what’s ahead in the industry / marketplace
- Ideal qualities we’re seeking from this leader:
- Leadership | Patient with high emotional intelligence and ability to work across teams with different types of individuals
- Translator | Ability to understand the details and be able to translate into broader strategic campaigns for the junior team and senior clients
- Analytical | Performance is success- it’s just that simple
- Agile leader | Ready to pivot based on priority shifts or industry changes and can anticipate change
- Communication | Clear communicator with strategic insights
- A clear, insightful vision for the future direction of the marketplace, with a track record of thought leadership
- Solid strategic skills and impressive understanding of the business from both market and P&L perspectives
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills
- Stellar communication and presentation skills – you’re poised, articulate and convincing
- Strong negotiation skills and a diplomatic ability to manage conflict
- Awesome creativity – you push the envelope, embrace change and strive to continuously improve
- Exceptional ability to recruit, motivate and retain a world-class team, both internally and among vendors
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
- Position can be HQ’d in NYC, Chicago, Boston or San Francisco.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.