- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Walk the halls of SSW and you'll find a rather spirited and passionate group of people. It's a stimulating assembly of professionals—writers, managers, strategists, art directors, planners, analysts and developers.
We believe the only way to move people to live healthier, happier lives is to create ideas that move them emotionally. Never powered by reason alone, people – whether they’re consumers, caregivers, doctors or payers – are motivated to take action by emotion. Only when people feel something will they be willing to do something.
For decades, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness has provided consumer and professional marketing, strategic consulting and medical education to pharmaceutical and wellness brands. Today, we're dedicated to continuing that legacy by raising the bar and crafting award- winning work online, on-air, in print and in-office. Going beyond addressing simply the absence of illness, our vision is to inspire a healthier, happier world. Together, we strive to help brands thrive in today’s culture of wellbeing by leveraging the power of Wellness IntelligenceSM.
Do you love communing with the grammar gods? How about debating the finer points of annotation? Do you have an intimate relationship with your preferred style manual?
The Senior Editor collaborates with writers, creative directors, and project managers to ensure work is on tone, on point and accurately referenced. The right candidate will have substantive medical/pharmaceutical experience and fluency with AMA style. He or she will feel comfortable working on digital copy and be able to work with various client/brand style guides.
Importantly, this person is smart and enthusiastic about doing great work.
About the Role:
- Edit, fact-check, and proofread web and digital copy.
- Ensure adherence to client/brand guidelines.
- Maintain project style sheets.
- Request and track permissions.
- Exceptional editorial ability.
- Excellent proofreading and fact-checking skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with a team.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and client editorial styles simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years’ editorial experience, including medical/pharmaceutical and, ideally, web.
- Confidence with technology and medical subject matter.
- Fluency in AMA style.
- Dedication and high standards.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.