Project Manager - Publicis LifeBrands
- 82 Baker St, Marylebone, London W1U 6TE, UK
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid-senior project manager to join a fast-growing London agency. Langland Advertising is a brand agency built to connect today’s health and wellness brands with people’s deep desire to make better healthcare decisions and lead healthier lives. We’re creatively driven, media savvy and technology-fuelled and our clients look to us to push them into a new area of healthcare marketing.
By joining our team you’ll have a chance to make a difference – delivering content and experiences with real meaning – and you’ll work on a wide variety of projects within one of the agencies most valued clients. Deliverables will be hugely varied: band, MCP, consumer, multiple congresses and lots of global work. The projects are split between digital, medical education and advertising.
Working as our project manager, you’d be responsible for planning and day-to-day management of varied-sized projects within Publicis LifeBrands. Your responsibilities will include development of the project scope, budget and timeline, working with the cross functional internal team towards successful delivery, risk management and mitigation, budget and revenue management and some direct client management depending on the client relationship.
We love the “hybrid” type who can operate as both project manager and account manager. To be successful as part of our dynamic, evolving environment you’ll need to be a self-starter who knows how to act independently yet build strong relationships in order to “track with” other members of the team.
We’re still a relatively small agency – which means you won’t be lost in the crowd. You’ll work directly with the senior leadership team from the start, implementing client strategies and helping to deliver innovation in the healthcare space. To succeed here, you will need a solutions-focused attitude and great problem solving skills. You will understand that projects rarely go according to fixed schedules and you should be accustomed to demonstrating flexibility, creative problem solving and managing change while communicating with a wide range of stakeholders both senior and junior.
· Project-level lead, responsible for execution of deliverable according to the agreed scope, budget and time plan
· Independently manages multiple small and mid-sized projects simultaneously
· Ensures that projects follow the agency process and meets all necessary deliverables
· Supports senior project managers on larger projects and overall programme management
· Able to work in a calm, collaborative manner, championing the role of project manager and strengthening it within the team
· Exceptional relationship building skills, some account handling experience would be ideal
· Thrives in a super-fast paced environment while always striving for the highest standards of output
· Demonstrates complete ownership and understanding of a wide variety of project deliverables - treats every new “unknown” as an opportunity to learn
· Manages all project documentation such as scopes of work, change order and completion of client requirements
· Owns scope of work, estimate and time plans on small-to-mid size projects, with limited oversight from senior team
· Demonstrate significant knowledge of the agency procedures and strong understanding of digital technologies and production processes
Management / Leadership
· Actively participates in internal and external meetings – communicating in a clear concise manner and ensures agreed actions are assigned and documented
· Able to successfully plan and lead internal meetings
· Demonstrates influence and diplomacy in written and verbal presentations
· Partners effectively with client service team in client management - flags risks / issues which may affect project outcomes and helps identify solutions
· Appropriately manages up; knows when to escalate an issue
· Demonstrates proactive problem-solving approach in all things
· Builds strong relationships with internal resources and knows how to get the best work done
· Develops and maintains project timelines with input from project teams; communicates key dates and schedules on a clear, routine basis
· Ensures adherence to key project milestones for brand projects; develops contingency plans as schedules evolve through throughout project lifecycle
· Owns weekly resource bookings for all projects
· Creates small to medium project estimates and SOWs via a cross-capability collaborative approach, for review and approval by senior project managers
· Understands the connection between work effort / hours spent and budget
· Escalates budget-related concerns to the producer and marketing lead
· Updates budget reports; communicates budget and burn to teams on routine basis
· Partners with account and finance leads to ensure proper forecasting