Senior Account Director
- 82 Baker St, Marylebone, London W1U 6TE, UK
This role represents an amazing opportunity to work on a global portfolio of brands, with one of our key clients within the UK business. You will be expected to work closely with the associate director and chief strategy officer to deliver strategic guidance to the clients and ensure that as an agency, we are behaving as true brand guardians across the portfolio and helping the client to ‘join the dots’. This specific account also involves working across the Publicis Health network, with a significant amount of work done in collaboration with Publicis Resolute. So this role also offers a great opportunity to develop your experience and understanding of other disciplines; specifically medical education and communications planning.
As part of an account handling team, you’ll be expected to lead, develop and build client relationships and partner strategically with global clients to help them achieve their brand objectives. Day-to-day, you will be expected to build a strong team dynamic based on openness, mutual respect, and a drive to do the best work of your career. You will be responsible for taking charge of the revenue/forecast and also contributing to business development opportunities by growing relationships across business units.
This is a hands-on role and it can be challenging at times - but the agency environment is fun and well worth the effort. Teamwork and collaboration are at the heart of our business offering and you’ll notice how well we all work together if you come in to see us for an interview. There are tight deadlines, fast-moving projects and clients who only demand the best from us – but if you’re the sort of person who thrives in this type of environment, then we’d love to hear from you.
· Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business and actively seek opportunities for further account development
· Demonstrate the ability to integrate emerging technologies into client recommendations
· Serve as a day-to-day leader to both the integrated agency team and to the client - and you’ll own the processes and projects
· Understand and apply Publicis Health and agency annual strategic imperatives into the account management team
· Maintain regular attendance at industry association meetings (HMCC, HBA, etc) and demonstrate a thorough understanding of healthcare industry business trends and advocate best practise
Client Relations/Communication Skills
· Proactively manage relationships with assigned clients and seeks opportunities to strengthen/build new relationships with the extended client team
· Seek opportunities to showcase agency work among current/prospective clients
· Seek opportunities to grow current accounts and new accounts connected with that client
· Demonstrate expert presentation skills
· Demonstrate the ability to adapt to various client corporate cultures
Creative Contribution/Advertising Savvy
· Evaluate creative work and provide constructive comments
· Foster senior level partnerships with the creative team
· Effectively sell the creative product to client
· Keep abreast of online/offline marketing/advertising and brand-specific trends in order to offer added-value to the client/creative product
· Champion the brand and the organisation at all times
Strategic and Tactical Planning
· Approach the brand from holistic marketing perspective - looking across the media/channel landscape (channel neutral) and develop outcomes that meet client objectives
· Be responsible for overseeing and guiding brand strategy and tactics
· Will be alert to changes in clients’ marketplace and sought out as strategic leader by team
· Maintain and drive collaboration among 3rd party partners (within or external to Publicis Health and the Publicis Group)
· Know overall performance at given point in time throughout year
· Ensure work is completed within budget by project
· Know the details on overages by job
· Take charge of the monthly revenue/forecast for your dedicated clients
· Aggressively monitor the fee performance to encourage/ensure account profitability
· Demonstrate the ability to determine and negotiate budget needs - providing input to development of the fee
· Prepare and present the account forecasts
· Vigilantly seek to optimise both the agency services and internal resources
· Provide strong leadership - effectively directing team members to accomplish desired goals
· Manage and resolve employee issues including employee performance
· Establish priorities on brand and contribute to the agency goal prioritisation
· Support the strategic direction and desired culture of the agency
· Recruit, promote roles and network for possible candidates
· Manage the account team and client expectations to ensure a positive and productive atmosphere
· Be transparent in communication with manager and agency executives
· Solve client issues, independently moderating conflicts with significant complexity and political sensitivity
WHO YOU ARE
· You’ll have proven experience in a similar account director role from a creative agency environment
· Pharmaceutical client experience is a must and you should have a strong grasp of this industry
· You’ll have demonstrable skills of working on a large variety of global projects, and multiple accounts
· You’ll have experience of managing direct reports, as well as being able to effectively manage relationships upwards to senior management
· You will have exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills and be seen as a credible ‘voice’ to both clients and internal stakeholders alike
· A University degree is essential and an advanced degree would be preferred
THE POWER OF ONE PURPOSE FUELLED BY A DYNAMIC HEALTH ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM
At Publicis Health, we are united around one purpose: to create a world where people are equipped and motivated to take control of their health. We transform healthcare marketing and communications into healthcare engagement.
We believe healthcare marketing is healthcare, fostering healthy conversations, healthy behaviors and healthy people. Publicis Health is a Dynamic Health Engagement Platform, an organising principle that seamlessly connects data, content and technology; is driven by marketing and business transformation; and offers our clients fluid access to world-class talent and game-changing capabilities.
With 40 offices and 15 brands across the globe, Publicis Health’s worldwide staff is comprised of more than 3,000 healthcare professionals who are experts in advertising and branding, data and analytics, strategic planning, service design, digital media and technology, science, and medicine.
Publicis Health companies include Digitas Health, Discovery USA, Heartbeat, insync, Langland, Payer Sciences, PlowShare Group, Publicis Health France, Publicis Health Media, Publicis LifeBrands, Publicis Resolute, Razorfish Health, Real Science, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, and Verilogue.
For more information, visit us at www.publicishealth.com.