CRM Account Director
- Stralauer Allee, Berlin, Berlin, Germany
About Publicis Emil
Headquartered in Berlin, Publicis Emil is a bespoke global agency within Publicis Groupe for Daimler (Mercedes-Benz, smart). We are on a single-minded mission to help accelerate their journey to become the world’s automotive digital champion.
To do this, we have drawn on the best talent from agencies across the Groupe: cutting-edge expertise and diverse skills as one integrated end-to-end agency to serve advertising and marketing, digital experience & services, data intelligence and analytics, CRM, web and social commerce as well as local dealer communications.
We work with data at the heart to give Daimler’s entire marketing organization the ability to make better and smarter decisions.
We put customer centricity at the heart of everything we do, using ‘living’ customer profiles and journeys to engage people for purchases and beyond.
We are agile, collaborative and interdisciplinary. As we establish new teams across borders, we will ensure our work culture continues to reflect the spirit and behaviors that convinced Daimler that we should be their transformation partner.
We are pioneering the agency model of the future, recognizing that our success will be as much about the digital transformation and growth of our client, as it will be about the development and fulfilment of our people.
To own the client relationship and ensure we understand our client’s objectives at all times, align these to Daimler’s transformation agenda, deliver the programmes of work and build the influence of CRM throughout Emil and Daimler.
- Develop and own strong client relationships
- Provide client with advice and support around strategies (together with data strategist), project implementation, and results (including developing presentations for her internal use)
- Bring the Global and Regional activities closer together, and ensure Global are focused on workstreams that produce most impact for Local Markets/Regions
- Develop relationships with SalesForce as a partner in CRM development
- Work with Lead Data Strategist, and wider data teams to resolve data approach and challenges specifically within CRM in order to develop reverse funnel thinking
- Communicate with Regional colleagues to align activities and steer Global requirements gathering.
- Steer the content delivery team (based in Spain) to deliver to Global client requirements, ensuring the highest quality whilst monitoring the commercials and timelines: writing briefs, critiquing creative, developing or reviewing budgets and timelines and managing clients expectations around execution
- Work with the campaign development (WOW) teams to understand requirements and timelines, optimizing CRM effort within the customer journey and campaign playbooks
- Identify and convert any opportunity to grow workstreams (business development) and coaching client in CRM topics
- Own regular WIP meetings and client updates, including developing performance presentations
- Own commercials and reporting aligned to regular governance, understand scope and manage team’s delivery of this.
- Lead workshops and reviews with Regions to align activities
- Liaise with Internal Emil teams across Regional CRM, and Global platforms to ensure knowledgesharing, and advocate for CRM
- Work closely with CRM Data Strategy Lead to develop strategies and build content for playbooks
- Work with team to develop an approach for impact analysis/performance reporting
- Attend and run local market clinics where required, understanding local market adoption of CRM and help identify challenges and opportunities for the Global Team to improve activities or support
- Support of Regional Teams in any topic area as required by Global client
- 8+ years’ proven experience in CRM client services at an agency with a track record in data-driven CRM marketing
- A proven ability to think across the different channel silos to be able to connect the dots and truly think customer journey centric
- Experience at developing customer journeys
- Clear expertise in CRM and preferably an understanding of implementing through Sales Force
- Experienced at developing CRM creative, working with creative teams and then implementing through SFMC
- Broad understanding of how CRM connects with other topics such as: analytics, online personalization, social, search, , A/B-testing
- A rapid learner with the ability to simplify complexity and to explain insights in a broader strategic context
- A strong communicator, who’s opinion will be heard but who can coach and help develop client skills and expertise across multiple levels – someone who can act as an advocate for CRM
- Experience at managing a Global level account, and who understands the Global/Regional/Local dynamic
- International client experience preferable
- Solid writing and speaking skills in English
The role is based in Berlin/Madrid, German/Spanish Candidates from other near markets would be considered but it would be implicit that they would need to travel to Berlin regularly and often at short notice to perform their role.