Senior Network Engineer
- 6021 Connection Dr, Irving, TX 75039, USA
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Through a connected suite of products and services, Epsilon combines leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry’s top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes.
JOB DUTIES – INCLUDES PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES ONLY
• Senior level role that involves understanding client and enterprise technical requirements, and designing and deploying optimal networking and connectivity solutions that enable clients and the enterprise to achieve their operational and business goals.
• Required to prepare recommendations and supporting details for formal project proposals for network connectivity and configurations.
• Day-to-day interaction with telecom providers, equipment suppliers and 3rd party network vendors, to engage their technical resources to perform tasks.
• Role requires on-call support as well as scheduling and attendance for maintenance windows.
• Resource can expect to routinely be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections.
• Participation in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected.
• Coordinate internal operations to meet and exceed data communications project expectations (including but not limited to engineering/development, certifications testing, Network and IT Operations, capacity planning and production readiness.
• Accountable for resolving all project level, cross-functional, partnership issues and escalations.
• Manage client expectations for data communications connectivity and related services to Epsilon products and applications, throughout project(s) lifecycle. Client expectations include functionality, cost, delivery schedule, support readiness and relationships (usually working directly with senior level technical resources, project managers and business decision makers).
JOB REQUIREMENTS, ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
• High organizational skills
• Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
• Travel < 20% of the year
• MS Office skills with focus on Visio, Word and Excel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• College degree or comparable certification in IT, telecommunications, computer science, or related field required.
• Minimum seven years of experience required in design, planning, coordination and implementation of technology projects.
• Must be experienced in the troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor geographically separated networks.
• Experience in administrating authentication controls (Radius, RSA/SecureID and TACACS+) in the enterprise.
• Experience with implementing and maintaining encryption techniques and standards (3DES, PKI, MD5, SSH, SSL), in a client and site-to-site configuration.
• Must have operational level knowledge and experience in the deployment and maintenance of service provider network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and RIP.
• Expert knowledge in implementing and supporting switched networks, including (VTP, STP, HSRP, trunking, VLANs, port security and monitoring) in a multi-vendor environment.
• Understanding of logical network design including: DMZs, WANs, and client connectivity solutions.
• Requires an in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols in LAN / MAN / WAN environments.
• Must be thoroughly proficient in the following protocols/technologies: o Route manipulation (Redistribution, Summarization, Route filtering and Policy Routing), VPN (client and site-to-site), Ethernet Switching: (CatOS, IOS, JunOS switch configurations, VLANs/Trunking, Spanning Tree, HSRP/VRRP), IOS features: (PAT ,NAT, SNMP, NetFlow, QoS), Security server protocols (SCP, SFTP, HTTPS, etc.), Traffic filtering, Access lists, Radius, Tacacs+, IOS VPN, IPSec, Pix/ASA firewalls, CheckPoint firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN Concentrators, Solarwinds Orion & NCM, Cisco Routers(ASR, 2900,3900, …), Catalyst 6500, 4500, Nexus, and other model switches, Citrix NetScaler and F5 load balancers/GTM, InfoBlox DNS, Juniper switches and routers.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES REQUIRED
• This role requires strong communication skills.
• This role requires strong project management skills.
• This role also requires operational processes and technical foundations.
• The following certifications are a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, ITIL Service Management
• This role requires hands-on experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google).
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.