SVP, Group Account Director (HCP)
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Walk the halls of SSW and you'll find a rather spirited and passionate group of people. It's a stimulating assembly of professionals—writers, managers, strategists, art directors, planners, analysts and developers.
We believe the only way to move people to live healthier, happier lives is to create ideas that move them emotionally. Never powered by reason alone, people – whether they’re consumers, caregivers, doctors or payers – are motivated to take action by emotion. Only when people feel something will they be willing to do something.
For decades, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness has provided consumer and professional marketing, strategic consulting and medical education to pharmaceutical and wellness brands. Today, we're dedicated to continuing that legacy by raising the bar and crafting award- winning work online, on-air, in print and in-office. Going beyond addressing simply the absence of illness, our vision is to inspire a healthier, happier world. Together, we strive to help brands thrive in today’s culture of wellbeing by leveraging the power of Wellness IntelligenceSM.
Strategic and Operational Knowledge
- Demonstrates and applies extensive and expert knowledge of assigned brands and marketplace context
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of advice for therapeutic area
- Ensures team adherence to Agency and Client processes. Proactively identifies issues and leads team to successful resolutions
- Communicate key Client issues/initiatives to cross functional agency team accurately and in timely manner
- Builds trusting relationships with Clients; functioning as business partner seen as integral to the account and delivery of the overall strategic vision; consistently offering added value.
- Client Business Champion: Ensures cross functional client and agency teams are focused on the right strategy:
- Agency Champion: Understands, communicates and advocates the agency POV; ensures Client is kept apprised of all account activity: this includes ultimate responsibility for ensuring appropriate written reports are delivered accurately and on time
- Presentations: Ability to present complex messages in clear, succinct, compelling manner to Clients
- Lead role in ensuring timely, accurate Client documentation & correspondence
- Drives overall account process and delivery standards for Agency output
- Partners effectively with Strategy and Creative teams to drive development of all tactical briefs and plans
- Finances: Develops and administers clients’ budgets based on accurate forecasting and tracking of hours, out-of-pocket expenses, and reconciliation against estimates. Raises Client awareness as to when changes in Client direction affect estimates. Thorough knowledge of scope of work
- Sound decision-making regarding hours dedicated to jobs, what to prioritize. Thorough knowledge of all basic financial tools necessary to Account Management
- Trouble shoot: Solutions oriented. Knows when things might get off track in Agency operations. Uses experience and judgment to proactively solve for potential problems before they get too big. Ability to solve Client issues, independently moderate conflicts and influence management decisions
- Team Leadership: Takes on wider, formal and informal leadership responsibilities within the agency
- Management: Team leader, provides clear and fair direction & feedback to junior account staff
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
- Thrives in a fast-paced, complex, matrixed marketing environment
- Prior healthcare experience is mandatory, including DTC, HCP and DTP
- Experience working across a portfolio of brands preferred
- Experience leading cross-agency, multidisciplinary teams is required
- Solid understanding of digital marketing principles, including understanding of end-to-end ecosystem communications planning (CRM, .com, app, social, in-office and Field)
- Hands on experience with HCP and Field specialist marketing is required
- Solid understanding of measurement and reporting principles, including ability to partner with Strategy and Analytics teams to deliver actionable insights to Clients
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA, Masters in Marketing or related discipline preferred
- 10+ years’ experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.