Group Account Director (HCP, Rare Disease, Launch)
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
- Finances: Understands agency revenue and profitability model. Ensures work is completed within budget by project. Owns the revenue and forecast for the brand. Determines and negotiates budget needs; provides input to fee development. Vigilantly seeks to optimize agency service and internal resources
- Trouble shoot: Keeps management informed of account status, problems, plans, and meetings and gets senior management involved as needed.
- Team Leadership: Serves as team leader to both integrated agency team and to client. Provide assistance related to agency/team/management policies and practices
- Best practices: Advances best practices in agency process
- Develops staff, mentors
Approaches brand from holistic marketing perspective. Integrates emerging technologies into client recommendations.
- Comprehensive understanding of client's business
- Thorough understanding of industry business trends. Alert to changes in clients’ marketplace. Has broad knowledge of what’s going on in the marketplace to offer solutions to clients
- Cultivates relationships with appropriate thought leaders to help maintain solid knowledge of client’s business
- Expert in multi channels and multi audiences – enough knowledge to be able to act agnostically when making decisions on behalf of the client.
Owns the brand strategy. Owns and communicates to the extended internal team, the overall client vision and the vision for all marketing programs for client’s business
- Vision: Responsible for overseeing brand strategy and tactics. Sought as strategic leader by team.
- Planning: Spearheads the presentation to client of annual plans and significant interim programs.
- New Business: Responsible for new business opportunities and driving growth on assigned brands
Tactics and Execution
Communicates strategy and tactical plan effectively. Ultimately responsible for flawless execution.
- Direction: Provides clear strategic direction to agency team. Evaluates creative product against strategic direction, and provides constructive feedback.Holistic Perspective: Approaches brand from holistic marketing perspective, looks at all media and forms of digital marketing, communications and advertising to develop outcomes that meet client objectives.
- Coordination: Proactively coordinates and integrates across all agencies at BAL’s direction, as needed
- PHCG Offerings: Solid knowledge of PHCG businesses, offerings, and tools
Owns the client relationship on assigned brands. Effectively sells the creative product to the client.
- Relationship: Very client facing. Outstanding client service & relationship building. Proactively manages relationship with clients and seeks opportunities to strengthen/build new relationship as needed.
- Agency Champion: Seeks opportunities to showcase agency work among current and prospective clients
- New Business: Seeks opportunities to grow business within current accounts and into new accounts
- Leader Role: Be and be seen as point person for senior client.
- Presentations: Expert presentation skills
- Adaptable: Demonstrates ability to adapt to various client corporate cultures
- Problem solving: Solves client issues, independently moderates conflicts with significant complexity and political sensitivity
- Channel Agnostic as exhibited by experience in at least two functional areas: professional, consumer, digital, pr, med ed, etc
- Proactive and action oriented. Great multi-tasker.
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA, Masters in Marketing or related discipline preferred
- 10+years’ experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing others
- Strong, significant experience as an Account Supervisor or in leading strategic marketing plans
- Demonstrated ability working on a wide range of accounts and categories a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.