VP Medical Director (HCP)
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
- Support new business development team
- Support account teams in expanding scope of work for existing clients
- Educate internal staff on medical topics relevant to client’s brands
- Direct writers in developing medical content and edit their work
- Direct creative and art directors to create accurate medical imagery/animation
- On occasion, write original copy.
- Recruitment and organization/coordination of advisory boards.
- Identify sources consistent with Heartbeat’s standards for referencing and citations.
- Ensure the medical integrity, topicality, and timeliness of the content for all projects on which he/she works.
- Help ensure compliance with Med/Legal processes
- Minimum of an advanced degree in healthcare (MD, DO, DDS, or PhD in a healthcare or science field)
- At least 5-7 years of agency or pharmaceutical (or biotech, or device) industry experience
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical marketing principles, regulations, and practices.
- Writing and editorial experience
- Must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word; facility with Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.