Entry-Level Analyst, Campaign Reporting
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Campaign Reporting Analyst is responsible for aggregating data and developing systematic reports to measure campaign performance and provide insight. This introductory role is part of Spark’s Data, Technology, Analytics and Insights practice with a focus on a specific client brand portfolio. The role involves mastering multiple streams of media exposure data and developing automated reports using leading data visualization platforms.
The Analyst will uncover performance insights for some of the most recognizable consumer brands and campaigns in the world. They will quickly be a significant contributor to the team, as Spark’s clients are committed to using insights and data to improve media performance.
This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity and proficiency at problem solving. Media experience and understanding is not required, but helpful.
Successful candidates will be multi-dimensional, able to employ complex problem solving skills and are able to communicate these succinctly to a broad client and media stakeholder audience.
- Manages and analyzes data from multiple sources into actionable insights for the Spark media and client leads
- Produces easy-to-understand, error-free, and timely deliverables that provide actionable insights that address client business objectives
- Creates and regularly updates client-facing dashboards in web-based reporting tools and/or Excel.
- Participates on weekly calls with clients and Spark leads to present findings and discuss campaign performance
- Stays informed on evolving media landscape, including research and emerging trends to provide insight to both media planning team and client
- Under the guidance of the analytics manager, identifies & develops key insights and learnings that are then presented to agency and client leaders that drive efficiencies in media performance
- Works with media teams to understand key performance indicators for media campaigns
- Contributes to gleaning insights and articulating meaning for the client
- Develops proficiency on overall processes, procedures and media systems relative to assigned clients and/or areas of expertise; with experience seeks opportunities to improve continuously improve efficiency of processes
- Identifies inconsistencies and inaccuracies in source data, provide recommendations to improve processes and quality
- Resolves all information issues and inquiries between and amongst key internal (functional and cross-functional contacts) and external clients (supporting agencies, vendors, publishers) with professionalism, urgency and customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience/certification in business, economics, statistics, communications, science or technology field of study.
- 0-2 years of experience in media, interactive marketing, or business consulting using data to drive marketing recommendations. Recent grads and/or entry-level applicants welcome.
- Ability to sort, order, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Fluency in Excel or other spreadsheet platform
- Strong customer service orientation, relationship building skills and commitment to meeting deadlines – able to build credibility with all stakeholders as reliable, accurate, and resourceful
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Master’s Degree in business, economics, statistics, communications, science, or technology field of study
- 1+ year in a professional business environment
- Ability to interpret and write code using SQL, VBA, SAS, R, and/or Python
- Experience using a data visualization platform, such as Tableau, Datorama, or equivalent
- Experience in a media or other marketing-type agency
- Experience working with advertising, media and direct response marketing data
TECHNOLOGY AND SYSTEMS UTILIZED:
Marketing Intelligence Platforms (Datorama), Excel, Cloud Storage (AWS, Box), Mobile location-based intelligence data, Google Analytics, verification and brand safety platforms (Moat, Double Verify), Media optimization engine (TARDIIS), Ad Servers (Google Campaign Manager/Doubleclick, Innovid, Sizmek)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.