- 384 Northyards Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Publicis Media UNIT3C is the Atlanta- based social media center of excellence, specializing in connecting brands to consumers in real-time. UNIT3C represents a trifecta of capabilities: channel (media), cognition (analytics) and creation (creative), all working together to drive holistic social marketing solutions. Founded in 2017, UNIT3C has steadily grown to 50+ employees, servicing a wide variety of clients across key verticals: Health, QSR, Travel, Automotive and Retail. In 2018, UNIT3C was part of the Publicis Media win of Social Media Agency of the Year by MediaPost.
The Media Director oversees social media planning and buying for a large client. The Media Director leads, manages and mentors junior team members. This role will work closely with all team leads to drive the holistic business forward and foster growth, both organically and through new business. The Media Director will work directly with the Planning and Buying teams to guide development of social strategy, discover areas of partnership with key agency partners and ensure flawless execution for all client deliverables.
- Lead forward thinking social ideas for client, ensuring team is incorporating creativity and innovation into media plan development
- Facilitate the development and documentation of best practices to improve operational efficiencies within the team and the group
- Ensure initiatives are executed and managed in a manner that meets and exceeds expectations and delivers against client objectives
- Uncover opportunities and grow business through thought leadership, and client expertise and consistent delivery of good work.
- Participate in team planning sessions regarding client strategy and approach, providing leadership, consultation and acting as a voice for media
- Steward client interest in the areas of tracking and delivering measurable results and analytics, market knowledge, and audience insights
- Establish and grow relationships with senior media clients, as well as be a key agency contacts and internal agency partners
- Stay apprised of new technologies and trends and a keen understanding of social landscape to incorporate into media driven solutions and business building ideas
- Manage and oversee monthly and end of campaign client billing, media budget reconciliations
- Manage and mentor a team of junior team members
- Provide leadership/motivation and convey the vision and values of the agency to media staff
- Assure that the media staff adheres to established agency policies/procedures
- Conduct reviews and performance evaluations of media team to ensure that effective, efficient and profitable staff operations are maintained; working closely with Associate Media Directors or Supervisors to provide mentorship and guidance to the team
- Manage workflow, efficient and profitable servicing of client(s), staffing levels, fosters healthy team structure, team assignments
- Assist in new business efforts as needed
- Maintain excellent external professional relationships with media publishers and partners
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in digital Media Planning or Buying, social experience preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational abilities, ability to troubleshoot and provide feedback, guidance and solutions
- Knowledge of social and digital media
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Accountability and flexibility
- Direct supervisory experience
- Strong listening skills and the ability to tactfully communicate position on relevant issues
- Ability to define and implement professional standards for team participation, conflict resolution, problem solving, and communication (internal and external).
- Confident problem anticipation and resolution – willingness to have difficult conversations
- Personally strives to positively influence peer group and cross-capability team
- Ability to articulate professional standards of behavior for junior and mid level staff
- Demonstrated ability to deliver constructive negative feedback and get positive results, including mentoring and facilitating development plans
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.