Supervisor, Global Strategy
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Strategy Supervisor is the primary manager of day-to-day requirements of communications planning. They are responsible for translating marketing/media objectives into plan development and action steps, and managing the team through various projects. The Strategy Supervisor is the primary point of contact for the client on stewardship requests, and is responsible for having a firm grasp of both strategic and functional media knowledge. The Strategy Supervisor will partner with the Associate Director to assist in developing and implementing strategies rooted in consumer insights and analytics across paid-owned-earned media to achieve client business objectives.
This role offers frequent client contact, ownership of the integrated plan, and the opportunity to lead project management and cross-media integration. This position requires strong communication and inter-personal skills to engage with multiple stakeholders and deliver an integrated product.
Four essential qualities we seek are:
• Strong leadership presence and client management skills (ability to manage maintenance of the brand and own the plan)
• Digital mindset/fluency and an insatiable curiosity for innovation
• Flexibility and agility to manage complex processes with positivity and "can-do" attitude
• Ability to think beyond "media" as an active creative collaborator within an Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) team
• Assists Associate Director with all aspects of communication plan development and recommendations
• Interprets communications/media strategy and translates into communication planning action steps
• Oversees the team and the day-to-day operation of all media activity
• Demonstrates initiative by researching and identifying valuable information/insights to improve media product
• Fully embraces connections that captivate and uses as guiding principles for all media and communication recommendations
• Determines and supervises the best possible implementation of all approved communication plans and projects
• Acts as primary point of contact for client stewardship requests
• Develop client and intra-agency relationships across countries and time zones
• Learns and understands all phases of the client marketing objectives and provides media recommendations to deliver against these objectives
• Understands all proprietary research tools/processes and applies learning during communication planning
• Prepares and presents communication plans, as needed, including objectives, strategy, rationale, and all backup materials
• Establishes strong working relationship with partner agencies (where/when applicable), delivering a seamless communications process
• Demonstrates agility via multi-tasking – multiple brands, strategic development and plan stewardship, management of Associate(s)
• Develops collaborative working relationship with all implementation teams, ensuring they fully understand brand’s communication objectives and strategies
• Trains and develops the Senior Associate including:
o Effective level of delegation
o Managing group dynamics/relationships between Associate(s)
o Establishes and demonstrates strong leadership skills
o Evaluates performance of Associate(s) via PMP process; including assisting in the establishment of the cascading goals
o Checks work of Associate(s) to ensure accuracy
o Identifies opportunities for Associate(s) career development
• Continues participation in MDS Training offerings
• Establishes strong interviewing skills
• Timely delivery of all work
• 3+ years of media planning/strategy experience
• Excellent understanding of media fundamentals and knowledge of all media channels
• Ability to understand and apply insights on difference in media use and consumer response across multiple countries
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners (clients, agencies, vendors)
• Ability to prioritize and organize projects for self and direct report(s), with ideally 1+ years of people management experience
• Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to respond accurately and quickly
• Ability to respond quickly to marketplace changes
• Passion for media innovation that delivers measureable business impact
• Strong desire to balance between data-driven nature of today's media environment and ability to deliver creative innovation around unique experiences
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.