Senior Analyst, Analytics & Insights
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Senior Analyst, Analytics & Insights is a key driver to provide visualizations, a strategic thinker and a talented data visualization with a heavy emphasis on dashboard reporting. The primary responsibility will be generating and owning campaign performance reports for clients. This position will allow you to be a significant contributor as part of the team and provide insights and recommendations through data visualizations.
This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and a critical understanding of online media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, and be a team player. A “roll up the sleeves” approach is mandatory and a “get it done” attitude is a must. Specific responsibilities include coordination between the research, analytics & media teams ensuring high quality analytical projects are effectively delivered.
Successful candidates will be multi-dimensional ‘rising-stars’ who are able to employ complex problem solving skills, and are able to communicate these succinctly to a broad client and media stakeholder audience.
- Build and maintain dashboards, both within excel and a proprietary data visualization tool, through which clients can see the performance of the media and make necessary decisions to optimize and improve media efficiency.
- Analyze historical data and establish benchmarks across various metrics to evaluate performance.
- QA data from various platforms via matching and lookup formulas in excel.
- Communicate clearly with vendors to identify the root of data discrepancies.
- Work hand-in-hand with internal media investment and strategy teams to showcase trends, which lead to forward-thinking insights across digital channels.
- Contribute to client status and reporting calls, including presentation of reporting. This position is communicating daily with clients.
- Support the development of measurement strategies, learning agendas and roadmaps with input from senior team members and internal stakeholders.
- Research industry trends as a point of contact for internal/external clients about evolving marketing opportunities in the ever changing digital marketing space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing or combination of equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience with online advertising/media, channel marketing, strategic marketing, off-line advertising/media and/or consulting
- Demonstrated expertise in core MS Excel functions (vlookup, pivot tables, data visualization)
- Experience in the analysis of large data sets to develop insights and learnings (data mining)
- Strong analytical skills with understanding of statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
- Positive attitude & strong time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to thrive in an fast paced environment and able to function independently while working on multiple projects at once
- Experience working with international teams is a plus
- Proficiency with Datorama, Tableau, or other data visualization tools is a plus
- Proficiency with data analysis tools & coding languages like SQL, Alteryx, R, Python is a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis software products and research design
- Experience with ad server (Doubleclick, Sizmek, Atlas, Flashtalking, etc.) technology and reporting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.