Data Strategist / Product Owner (m/f/d)
- Stralauer Allee, Berlin, Germany
About Publicis Emil
Headquartered in Berlin, Publicis Emil is a bespoke global agency within Publicis Groupe for Daimler (Mercedes-Benz, smart). We are on a single-minded mission to help accelerate their journey to become the world’s automotive digital champion.
To do this, we have drawn on the best talent from agencies across the Groupe: cutting-edge expertise and diverse skills as one integrated end-to-end agency to serve advertising and marketing, digital experience & services, data intelligence and analytics, CRM, web and social commerce as well as local dealer communications.
We work with data at the heart to give Daimler’s entire marketing organization the ability to make better and smarter decisions.
We put customer centricity at the heart of everything we do, using ‘living’ customer profiles and journeys to engage people for purchases and beyond.
We are agile, collaborative and interdisciplinary. As we establish new teams across borders, we will ensure our work culture continues to reflect the spirit and behaviors that convinced Daimler that we should be their transformation partner.
We are pioneering the agency model of the future, recognizing that our success will be as much about the digital transformation and growth of our client, as it will be about the development and fulfilment of our people.
The ideal candidate would be a person with a proven track record in providing strategic data insights that deliver demonstrable improvements in the way a business uses and gains value from data. A background in campaign and program planning would be very beneficial as this would provide you with a real world understanding of how strategic decisions are applied in market. This role sits at a global level and focuses on the process and framework required to support regions and markets to deliver local data insights and strategy.
The candidate would require hands on technical experience in data tools such as reporting, web analytics and analysis packages. Daimler has recently made the decision to use Power BI as its data visualization tool for all reporting, and a candidate with extensive hands on knowledge of designing and building reports in Power BI would be a bonus. Candidates with strong skills in other reporting packages such as Tableau, but with a willingness to learn new packages would definitely be considered. Being a “go to” person to discuss new ideas, projects and support other Data Strategists and other stakeholders is core to the role. Helping them bring projects and ideas to life using data visualization tools and rapid prototyping is envisaged be about 50% of this role.
To manage the many and diverse demands of the global markets we employ an Agile project management methodology that uses short development cycles (sprints) to focus on continuously improving the development of the products and services we deliver. The process requires a “product owner” to manage the prioritization and refinement of products and services to ensure the maximum value to the end user. We would welcome applicants who have experience of working within the framework and particularly if the thought being the product owner for Data Strategy (services and products) is appealing. We envisaged this to be about 50% of this role.
It is crucial that the candidate can demonstrate that they are a data oriented problem solver, an analytical thinker with Data and Digital Marketing experience. Good administrative skills are required as we run a very transparent process using collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence which our clients have open access to. In addition to the technical and process focus of the role the candidate would need to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and at Daimler from very junior to very senior. Good collaboration and people skill are required. Previous experience of working with an automotive client, or a keen interest in the automotive industry would also be a benefit.
- Ideally, extensive experience in using Power BI as a data visualization tool. Alternatively extensive experience of other tools (Tableau, Looker, Datorama, etc.) and a willingness to learn Power BI and be the “go to” person to support others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially)
- Fluent writing and speaking skills in English
- Knowledge of agile process and principles. A wish to lead the process as a Product Owner for Data Strategy services and products
- Understanding of different project management methodologies including the ability to identify / resolve issues & develop detailed work plans
- Experience in data-driven marketing campaign development, measurement, and optimization
- In-depth knowledge of web technologies and the delivery of multi-disciplinary solutions
- Experience of JIRA/Confluence would be an advantage (or similar project management and collaboration tools)
- Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics would be useful skills
- Understanding of data management platforms, CRM platforms (preferably Salesforce)
- Can show evidence of implementing data-driven decision making and understand how that will affect our client’s business
- Strong analytical, problem solving, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, to simplify complexity and to explain insights in a broader strategic context
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
The role is based in Berlin, Germany. Candidates from other near markets would be considered but it would be implicit that they would need to travel to Berlin regularly and often at short notice to perform their role.