- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Strategy Manager’s primary role is to develop targeted, video-focused media plans, manage relationships with partner agencies, and maintain media schedules and media budgets for the client.
• Work with agency partners to create media plans that integrate appropriate media channels: Video, Digital, Content, Social, and Emerging Technologies
• Leads the development, presents and executes video strategic media recommendations based on a clear understanding of client objectives (in conjunction with AMD)
• Analyze the various media alternatives and make recommendations as to how to best allocate the advertising budget – budgeting knowledge very important
• Clearly identifies key media deliverables in terms of accountability and performance
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of client businesses, both from a current situation perspective, as well as a historical perspective
• Is able to speak to all elements of the media plan intelligently with clients and integrated agency partners (from partners to tactical elements)
• Working knowledge within the digital ecosystem and understanding of social/search/precision tactical media planning/buying
• Has worked with analytics teams to develop learnings and insights
• Stay on top of current media industry trends and new technology
• Manage and mentor Strategy Associate(s) on career development
• Interact/communicate frequently with clients (meetings, written, presentations)
• Attend weekly status meetings, present recommendations and manage follow up of items discussed
• Aptitude for being able to balance and track and reconcile budgets across different brands
• Maintain communication/integration with multiple agency partners (creative, account, media investment, analytics, ad operations)
• Maintain knowledge of the client’s business (products, target audience, sales prospects, sales trends, competition)
• Manage workloads and projects
• Work with clients to determine objectives and success metrics of campaigns
• Develop and manage media budgets by campaign
• Oversee and troubleshoot billing and budget accuracy
• Demonstrates strong command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations
• Establishes strong client/integrated agency, sales, and vendor relationships
• Inspires creativity and pro-activity of media staff
• Education: Four-year college degree, preferably in marketing, advertising or communications or equivalent work experience is required
• 3-5 years’ experience in Media Strategy/Investment
• Understanding of basic media skills (concepts, terminology, tools etc.)
• Accountability and leadership skills
• Digital experience a strong plus
• Experience with client interaction
• Ambitious self-starter willing to learn
• Must be a team player
• Ability to multitask, well organized and detail oriented
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Analytical thinking skills
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Proficient writing, verbal and mathematical skills
• Knowledge or exposure to various media channels: Prisma, MediaTools, ComScore, Kantar, MRI, plus any others you might have
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.