- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The SEO Manager will lead the design and execution of client SEO initiatives. The SEO Manager will work closely with the SEO Director and SEO Associate Director to develop strategies that meet and exceed our clients’ business objectives. This position requires a hands-on manager with astute attention to detail and process, and who possesses the ability to generate actionable insights and recommendations. The SEO Manager is responsible for managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis. This person might supervise and coach SEO analysts.
• Develop and implement SEO strategies and tactics in line with client’s business objectives
• Manage on-page optimizations (metadata, keyword usage, internal linking, etc.)
• Manage offsite initiatives (link building, social media projects, etc.)
• Audit websites and provide technical recommendations for improving SEO performance
• Identify new opportunities and recommendations for improving client’s organic search rankings, traffic and conversions
• Manage monthly SEO reporting (keyword rankings, SEO traffic, conversion data)
• Develop insights to inform future optimizations and provide client with insights and optimization recommendations
• Contributing to new business pitches as needed
• Work with Associate Search Director to develop processes for improved work-flow within Performics and across agency partners and vendors
• Stay up-to-date on newest organic search, paid search and social media trends
• Research new ideas, trends, and technologies within the SEO space to educate clients and the Performics team
• Explain SEO best practices in simple terms to educate the client and third party stakeholder
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3+ years of SEO specific work experience, preferably in an agency environment
• Experience managing on-page optimizations (metadata, keyword usage, internal linking, etc.)
• Experience managing offsite initiatives to drive SEO performance improvements (link building, social media projects, etc.)
• Experience with link building and content creation for the purpose of improving SEO performance a major plus
• Technical knowledge/experience with the following: XML sitemaps, Robots.txt, HTTP responses and headers, and URL re-directs
• Common server-side scripting methods such as PHP
• Dynamic content-generating scripts and database integration scripts like jQuery, AJAX and JSON
• Knowledge of lead generation clients and SEO tactics necessary to generate conversions
• Experience in applying SEO to brand-building, direct response, and reputation management initiatives
• Experience with leading SEO, web analytics and search research tools and technologies
• SEO: Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
• Web Analytics tools: Omniture, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, Web Trends, etc
• Research Tools: ComScore, Compete, HitBox, AdGooroo, etc.
• Experience and understanding of paid search and other forms of digital media
• Ability to work with cross functional teams and individually to drive results
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs particularly Excel and Power Point
• Experience working with large, complex organizations with multiple stakeholders
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.