Supervisor, Local Activation
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
Primary liaison between Client/Strategy group and Local Broadcast Buying Unit to insure work orders are processed executed and delivered as planned. Offers strong strategic and tactical leadership relative to all local broadcast vehicles including Broadcast TV, Video, Cable TV and Audio. Involved in all phases of plan execution including CPP development and Post Buy Analysis. Generally this person will have at least 3 years of buying experience.
• Establish strong relationship with client and lead planning team
• Encourage client trust and respect by merchandising Local Broadcast efforts/achievements on a regular basis
• Demonstrate a solid grasp of Local Broadcast Department and it’s role within organization
• Train and develop Local Broadcast Account Supervisor and Broadcast coordinators to insure proper team support and employee development
• Generate innovative solutions to execution plans
• Recognize both departmental and planning needs while maintaining balance and harmony between the two groups
• Handle questions and answers effectively and efficiently and maintain leadership role with outside vendor community
• Exhibit strong verbal and written communications skills. Manage/Oversee all response to strategy and client requests and deliver in a clear, concise manner
• Demonstrate matery and knowledge of systems used to manage local broadcast function
• Demonstrate effective verbal and communication skills
• Properly delegate responsibilities to coordinators and clearly define goals and expectations for each project
• 5+ years’ media experience
• Educate planning group on buying process/market changes/problems
• Work with strategy group to develop added value recommendations that offer brand value and strong opportunity for successful execution
• Coordinate due dates with planning group, and peers in local broadcast department to insure workloads and deadlines can be accomplished
• Manage group time effectively to facilitate client expectations while insuring the buying team has effective direction and sufficient time to fulfill projects
• Facilitate and insure proper reports to Strategy /Account groups and client
• Monitor stewardship of spot schedules. Pull monthly goal summaries to prevent radical budget fluctuations as make-goods are taken
• Develop planning CPP guide for assigned client
• Deliver accurate reports and manage billing and budgets
• Demonstrate superior proficiency/knowledge of all computer systems/software: MBox, Powerpoint, Word , and Excel as well as Nielsen TV and Audio methodology relative to local
• Deliver informed POV on marketplace and trends relative to local broadcast as applicable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.