Senior Media Planner
- Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
AT SPARK FOUNDRY, WE BRING HEAT TO BRANDS: HIGHER ENGAGEMENT, AFFINITY, AND TRANSACTIONS.
Unlike other agencies, we combine the nimble spirit of a startup with the marketplace clout and deep partnerships of a global powerhouse.
For our clients, that means no tradeoffs. For our talent, it means an opportunity to make a difference, and to grow as people and professionals.
It’s a unique equation, one that’s helped us become one of the fastest-growing media agencies on the planet in recent years, and now also one of the largest.
A Senior Media Planner’s role is to assist in the development of communication plans and conduct the execution of approved plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a good relationship with clients, obtaining feedback from clients from time to time, resulting in overall clients' satisfaction; little or no clients' complaints on major issues.
- Responsive to clients' requests in an accurate/ appropriate manner.
- Update the clients on new packages, competitive alerts, new media opportunities and follow-through on campaigns.
- Communicate to the team on clients' special requests (e.g. special, ad hoc report).
Business Partner Management
- Develop good relationships with business partners (e.g. creative, media owners), hence the ability to obtain updated information (e.g. formats, guidelines, packages, deadlines) that contributes to the work objectives, value-add to clients or a smooth campaign placement.
- Ensure clear documentation on all communications with business partners.
- Ensure terms and conditions in media owner contracts are approved by supervisor.
Research & Media Applications Proficiency
- Perform basic and advanced functions of planning/booking systems, both syndicated and proprietary, thus completing each transaction/ placement successfully.
- Generate reports (e.g. by medium, pre-and-post-buy, syndicated and proprietary reports.)
- Apply agency's planning approach.
- Accurate and timely input into billing system.
- Update and follow-through all changes to media placement.
- Adhere to media planning process.
- Reconcile media payment variances.
Industry Knowledge (Consumer, Business or Brand Insights)
- Basic understanding of media scene & developments.
- Basic awareness of brand and product categories, and the competitive framework, thus able to carry out basic media planning/buying assignments.
- Conduct basic analysis of targets involvement with the various media.
- Apply the insights of the analysis to create an effective plan/buy.
- Optimize/adhere to budget constraints in clients'/schedule brief.
- Perform expenditure update.
- Manage and allocate cost for brands across medium used.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviors to uphold the company's image, reputation and credentials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with related coursework in advertising, marketing, and/communications
- Min. 2 to 4 years media planning
- Working understanding of media, research resources, and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, good follow through, able to multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Mastery of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates should have a natural affinity for research, numbers, and analysis