VP Director, Strategy
- 1170 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The VP Director oversees a team of professionals in the conception and delivery of innovative, well-targeted, business-building marketing solutions across a variety of media. This involves the creation, execution and maintenance of marketing plans, unearthing insights to inform the development of plans, and flawless execution on all fronts
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Innovation and Growth
- Measurably expands utilization of digital, analytics and human experience creation capabilities in assigned key account or suite of accounts year over year
- Continuously surveys pulse of client and client industry needs to prompt and feed innovative ideas/solutions to internal digital, analytics and human experience creation leads
- Builds and hones deep and trusting relationships with decision makers/influencers at assigned clients to foster new business opportunities
- Provides constructive and executable feedback regarding company product to SMEs to drive overall improvements in product quality and identify/influence new product/capability development
- Proactively ideates with team and colleagues to produce novel (award-worthy) solutions for clients.
- May participate in new business pitches as required
Talent Capability /Acquisition and Development
- Drives continual evolution of high performance culture through active networking with prospective candidates, performance management and employee engagement
- Actively participates in critical assessment of assigned talent at all levels and insures developmental plans and feedback in place to support motivation, retention of high performance team and manage succession. Actively manages poor performance issues.
- Seeks opportunities to stay up to date on technology, tools, techniques, communication software, social media and self-awareness
Global Orientation and Change Management
- Champions cultural attributes and continuously strives for diversity and inclusivity of talent to foster healthy culture and broad perspectives in our human experience deliverables for clients
- Continuously assesses and challenges company positioning and strategy in global marketplace and relevance to clients to maintain competitive edge
- Effectively manages cross-functional initiatives and relationships and champions SME integration into team
- May serve as team lead/member on all agency initiative
Business Acumen and Fiscal Responsibility
- Forecasts, monitors and maintains health of financial portfolio of assigned clients; attains established revenue growth and OI.
- Builds/develops financial acumen of team
- Models and coaches team how to effectively manage and influence clients to solutions that best meet client’s business need and are aligned with our capabilities to effectively and efficiently deliver.
- 10+ years of relevant experience for VP level with progressive levels of responsibility and business acumen in marketing and communications, team management and P&L management
- Must have online and offline media experience. Offline experience will be TV and Print. Online experience will consist of Display, Search, Social, and Mobile.
- Demonstrated ability to establish high levels of trust and credibility internally and externally and influence others to action
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills – effectively presents formal POV internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and general management orientation
- Critical assessor of talent – builds and motivates high performing teams
- Demonstrated critical thinking skill and strong problem-solving skills – navigates effectively through difficult issues, builds required consensus to drive business needs and results
- High results orientation and able to effectively juggle and prioritize many competing demands – high tolerance to effectively manage change
- Able to establish and manage to P&L statement
- Team oriented – approachable and viewed as coach and mentor to others
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.