Specialist, Accounting & Financial Reporting
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is powered by its five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark, Digitas and Blue 449, and supported by its digital-first, data-driven Global Practices which together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 13,500 employees worldwide.
Apex Exchange is a Publicis Media agency focused on delivering unique opportunities to our clients via value-based services.
TRUST: Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave. We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
TALENT: This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
TRANSFORMATION: True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
The Publics Media Finance team is currently seeking a Specialist for our Accounting & Financial Reporting team with a focus on Fixed Comp and Freelancer forecasting and actualization. This position is suitable for a highly motivated and service-focused individual who will play an integral part in the reporting, budgeting and forecasting process.
This position will also be involved in opening and maintaining Purchase Orders for company expenditures, creating and maintaining reconciliations as part of our Financial Monitoring & Controls process, and other ad hoc reporting in support of business needs. Strong attention to detail, ability to manage and meet timelines, and forward thinking are necessary to reach the goal of creating accurate reporting and facilitating the success of the organization.
• Create and maintain monthly forecasts for Fixed Compensation and Freelancer, including projections of benefits cost to company
• Maintain accurate headcount tracker and projections
• Tie-out payroll on a monthly basis, and create payroll reconciliations as part of FMC process
• Open and maintain Purchase Orders in SAP on behalf of Apex, including initial set up of vendor in system if necessary
• Generate, analyze and distribute monthly reporting, providing commentary as appropriate, mainly touching on Balance Sheet accounts
• Provide analysis and interpretation of actual performance versus plan/forecast, and assess impact on future results
• Participate in ad-hoc financial and operational analyses to inform strategies aimed at enhancing profitability and accelerating growth
• Continually improve financial management processes by implementing tighter controls: data integrity, process improvement, and rigorous analysis
• 3+ years of applicable accounting experience (audit experience a plus)
• Results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and who can operate independently and in a collaborative environment
• Strong knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles including GAAP, IFRS, Debits/Credits, Accrual Accounting, Expense Modeling, Budget and Profitability analysis, Variance Analysis, and Financial Reporting
• Advanced MS Excel modeling skills (Lookups, Pivot Tables)
• Proficiency with MS Office/PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with diverse groups agency-wide
• Thrives in a fast paced environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
• Familiarity using financial reporting (HFM), accounting (SAP) and media billing systems is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.