Freelance Senior Art Director
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
Digitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Senior Art Director – Creative
Become a Creative at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. We’re looking for a Senior Art Director who’s known for turning out amazing concepts – someone who can consistently wow us and our clients with creativity and visual awesomeness. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you’ll lead the concept, design and execution of groundbreaking visual solutions for integrated, cross-channel initiatives including large Web initiatives, online advertising and digital marketing. The amazing conceptual power and exceptional design skills that you bring to the team will be put to use daily as you assist the Creative Director in leading a best-in-class creative team. Day to day, your role will include:
- Creating a range of powerful, viable concepts and designs for each project, partnering with copywriters to ensure the copy direction and visual presentation work together to make the concept powerful and compelling
- Communicating visual designs, motion design, concepts, and storyboards through presentations – and getting clients to approve (and love) the recommended designs
- Expertly leading teams of designers and production artists to flawlessly execute cross-channel and digital work
- Deftly juggling multiple projects while inspiring & motivating both your creative teammates and your clients
What you’ll bring to the table:
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director who is both tremendously qualified and awesome to work with, which usually includes:
- Energy, a sense of humor and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in both print and Web
- Strong experience on large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across media, both online and off, and a mastery of Web production and the capabilities within digital channels
- An expert understanding of Photoshop, Image Ready, Illustrator, and Quark/InDesign – plus (ideally) an understanding of Flash, After Effects, and video production
- A four-year degree, formal design training, plus five to seven years of art direction and strong digital design experience, preferably in a creative agency
- A knack for strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.