Project Manager (m/f/d)
- Stralauer Allee, Berlin, Germany
About Publicis Emil
Headquartered in Berlin, Publicis Emil is a bespoke global agency within Publicis Groupe for Daimler (Mercedes-Benz, smart). We are on a single-minded mission to help accelerate their journey to become the world’s automotive digital champion.
To do this, we have drawn on the best talent from agencies across the Groupe: cutting-edge expertise and diverse skills as one integrated end-to-end agency to serve advertising and marketing, digital experience & services, data intelligence and analytics, CRM, web and social commerce as well as local dealer communications.
We work with data at the heart to give Daimler’s entire marketing organization the ability to make better and smarter decisions.
We put customer centricity at the heart of everything we do, using ‘living’ customer profiles and journeys to engage people for purchases and beyond.
We are agile, collaborative and interdisciplinary. As we establish new teams across borders we will ensure our work culture continues to reflect the spirit and behaviours that convinced Daimler that we should be their transformation partner.
We are pioneering the agency model of the future, recognizing that our success will be as much about the digital transformation and growth of our client, as it will be about the development and fulfilment of our people.
What we need:
A mid-weight/senior Project Manager looking to shape a unique role in a new kind of global agency. Offering the unbridled energy and broadening opportunities of a start-up, together with the support of the Publicis Groupe, this is an opportunity to make your mark on one of the world’s most prestigious brands as we accelerate their digital transformation.
Working alongside client services and a diverse team of marketing specialists, strategists and creatives, you will be part of a team responsible for driving the continued transformation, integration and uptake of Mercedes-Benz Global Ways of Working. Experience at managing, negotiating and working with a diverse level of seniority and subject matter expertise is essential.
The Global Ways of Working ensures that the strategic, creative outputs from the Global team within Mercedes-Benz, Publicis Emil and partner agencies are fit for purpose for local teams, giving them the tools to build long-lasting brand relationships with their customers and most importantly, drive sales.
This is a key role for someone who is process-driven and enjoys bringing together diverse teams and keeping them all on the same track. The role is the air traffic control for the team – sharp organisational skills are critical.
Although you will not be directly producing content (TV, digital, print), an understanding of these areas is critical, as this will be the ultimate output from the process for local markets. You might have worked in a creative or digital agency on a client with multiple agency partners during a period of business transition and be looking to expand your global management experience. You will be developing the strategies and the frameworks that will drive the content production across the world for Mercedes-Benz, so an affinity with strategy and experience with diverse approaches to creative development would be useful.
An understanding of the automotive industry would also be helpful. Working in any environment operating a Global, Regional to Local ecosystem would also be useful.
You are a passionate dreamer and doer, curious, and open to new ways of working and creating. Willing to fail fast and learn fast.
The Global clients are based in Stuttgart, whilst the team is split across London and Berlin. This role will be based in Berlin. Some travel to Stuttgart and London will be required.
- Management and overview of the overall process plan for the Global Ways of Working (multiple campaigns)
- Creates both a holistic overview project plan and individual project plans for each brief by amalgamating timings from relevant channel-specific streams
- Communicates project plans to clients where required and assures alignment with client processes
- Assures that briefs are received on time and that relevant teams are briefed
- Ensures that reviews are held and attended by all of the relevant departments and cross agency teams
- Responsible to run projects according to agreed scope and manage change process as necessary
- Takes responsibility for suggesting alternative options in situations where there are challenges from a timings or delivery standpoint
- Manages status reporting to client for invoicing purposes
- Manages and follows up on all internal and third-party costs including: raising job numbers, PO numbers and liaising with clients on receiving POs
- Assists in actively managing the scope and any additional budgets alongside the account management/finance departments
- Liaises with local country/regional marketeers to align timing requirements
- Travel when required.
- 4+ years’ proven experience in project management with a broad understanding of brand, digital, social and data-driven marketing projects
- Further understanding of areas such as: web analytics, personalization, search, customer journey analysis, A/B-testing, programmatic, rich media desirable
- Experience working in Global/Local operating models with ability to manage diverse stakeholder groups desirable
- Experience of working with large matrix teams and running simultaneous projects
- Excellent planning and organisational skills; ability to plan for all eventualities; identify risks and provide solutions to issues
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritise, to multi task and to manage the process from start to finish
- Swan-like ability to absorb challenges and move forwards without stress
- A strong communicator, negotiator and influencer whose opinion will be heard and who is forceful enough to keep the team working to a defined project plan
- A rapid learner with the ability to simplify complexity
- A hands-on team player, happy to get their hands dirty
- Solid writing and speaking skills in English.