Senior Account Director
- Chancery Ln, Holborn, London, UK
About Publicis Emil
Headquartered in Berlin, Publicis Emil is a bespoke global agency within Publicis Groupe for Daimler (Mercedes-Benz, smart). We are on a single-minded mission to help accelerate their journey to become the world’s automotive digital champion.
To do this, we have drawn on the best talent from agencies across the Groupe: cutting-edge expertise and diverse skills as one integrated end-to-end agency to serve advertising and marketing, digital experience & services, data intelligence and analytics, CRM, web and social commerce as well as local dealer communications.
We work with data at the heart to give Daimler’s entire marketing organization the ability to make better and smarter decisions.
We put customer centricity at the heart of everything we do, using ‘living’ customer profiles and journeys to engage people for purchases and beyond.
We are agile, collaborative and interdisciplinary. As we establish new teams across borders we will ensure our work culture continues to reflect the spirit and behaviours that convinced Daimler that we should be their transformation partner.
We are pioneering the agency model of the future, recognizing that our success will be as much about the digital transformation and growth of our client, as it will be about the development and fulfilment of our people.
What we need:
An ambitious Senior/Account Director looking to shape a unique role in a new kind of global agency. Offering the unbridled energy and broadening opportunities of a start-up, together with the support of the Publicis Groupe, this is an opportunity to make your mark on one of the world’s most prestigious brands as we accelerate their digital transformation.
Working alongside the Business Lead, an Account Manager and a diverse team of marketing specialists, strategists and creatives, you will be responsible for driving the continued transformation, integration and uptake of Mercedes-Benz Global Ways of Working.
Ensuring that the strategic, creative outputs from the Global team within Mercedes-Benz, Publicis Emil and partner agencies are fit for purpose for local teams, giving them the tools to build long-lasting brand relationships with their customers and most importantly, drive sales.
This is a strategic role for someone who is process-driven AND always pushing for better, more effective, more creative work. It requires an understanding of Global vs Local operating models, and the ability to liaise at a senior level with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple markets.
You might have worked in a creative or digital agency on a client with multiple agency partners during a period of business transition.
You will be committed to delivering personalised, data driven communications. And should have a basic understanding of activation strategies that work across Web experience, DMP – off and onsite, CRM and acquisition media both on and offline.
An understanding of the automotive industry would also be helpful. Working in any environment operating a Global, Regional to Local ecosystem would also be useful.
You are a passionate dreamer and doer, curious, and open to new ways of working and creating. Willing to fail fast and learn fast.
The Global clients are based in Stuttgart, whilst the team is split across London and Berlin. This role can be based in London or Berlin; if based in London, regular travel to Germany will be required.
· Ensures we are aligning to data driven, customer centric thinking at all times
· Ensures objective decisions aligned to the business strategy are made
· Works together with experience strategy, media agencies and other disciplines to deliver the customer journey through ensuring development of appropriate comms for channel and audience
· Runs the continuous improvement process, and develops measurement /feedback loops
· Responsible for financials; forecasting, profitability
· Responsible for team management and motivation
· Responsible for aligning delivery teams to client strategy
· Liaison with media agency, and development of joint presentations
· Liaises with local country/regional marketeers to align requirements across the globe
· Travel when required.
· 8+ years’ proven experience in client services with a track record in brand, digital, social and data-driven marketing projects
· Experience working in Global/Local operating models with ability to manage diverse stakeholder groups
· Experience of running large matrix teams and simultaneous projects
· Ability to work under pressure, to prioritise, to multi task and to manage the process from start to finish
· Swan-like ability to absorb challenges and move forwards without stress
· Honed leadership skills
· Exemplary client liaison skills
· A strong communicator, negotiator and influencer whose opinion will be heard and who is forceful enough to drive the change to put data at the core of what we do
· A rapid learner with the ability to simplify complexity
· A hands-on team player, used to motivating, coaching and managing teams from within, happy to get their hands dirty
· Independent and truly channel agnostic thinker, who knows our business very well across the different silos of creative, media, CRM, social, UX and others, to be able to connect the dots and truly think customer journey centric
· Broad understanding of areas such as: web analytics, personalization, search, customer journey analysis, A/B-testing, programmatic, rich media
· Broad understanding of web experience, and technologies such as DMP to build personalisation and customer journeys end to end
· Ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts to optimise the creative process
· Passion for the latest marketing trends, innovations and technology
· Solid writing and speaking skills in English.