- 611 William Penn Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has nearly 500 talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, The Coca-Cola Company, 20th Century Fox, Nike, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition and Cisco Systems
About the job:
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and able to think and execute creatively, with a high degree of craft. The Senior Graphic Designer will report to the Associate Design Director. This individual will be focusing on and should have experience in designing and developing packaging design concepts. Candidates should have a proven ability and portfolio that demonstrate a conceptual thought process with designs that adhere to brand guidelines and maintain brand look and feel, while simultaneously pushing the status quo. We are looking for a conceptual thinker that has experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing and energetic environment.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Take design projects from concept to execution across a wide range of disciplines.
- Create graphics and layout for print materials, digital advertising, and direct marketing to support brand and marketing campaigns.
- Create presentation materials for field events, campaigns, and leadership keynotes with an understanding of how content needs to be adapted for different audiences and venues.
- Be a brand guardian: Ensure consistency and high standards are met across all our collateral and evolve brand guidelines as needed in collaboration with the head of design.
- Be a strong teammate: Work with other designers, developers, and the AM/PM teams to generate effective design solutions. You're someone who is comfortable both giving and receiving feedback.
- Get stuff done: You're a proven doer with demonstrated results. You can adapt design solutions based on available resources without compromising quality.
- Are a self-starter: As a resourceful and resilient self-starter, you'll thrive in a fast-paced environment where initiative and innovation are required.
- Come with ideas: Understands when there is an opportunity to push the brand in a new direction or can create something different while keeping a close eye on everything in flight to ensure brand consistency, intentional transitions, and that everything is shipped on time.
- Can right-size design solutions: Aligns solution options with business goals in mind to ensure all projects are given right level of effort, time, and consideration based on priorities.
- Assist Design Director with client presentations, photo shoots, focus groups and press checks.
- Can lead by example: Sets the benchmark for relationship building and design excellent
- Manage and mentor a team of young designers
- Bring a systemic point of view to problem solving, yet you know how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities.
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, parking, lunches and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun which is why we host team lunches in office, host offsite team outings, and other fun stuff.
- We have a very generous time off policy because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We have a dog friendly office.
What we'll love about you:
- You're a team player who is willing and happy to help.
- You're positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around.
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You're fun, interesting and weird...in a good way!
- Ability to work independently, balanced with strong collaboration skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in packaging design.
- Basic understanding of the constraints and capabilities of working with developers, print production specialist, photographers and retouches.
- Online portfolio that features a strong mix of packaging, branding, campaigns, typographic, and self-initiated work.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong print techniques knowledge
- Positive attitude and collaboration. Someone that works well with a team as well as meeting individual design goals.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.