Manager, Paid Search
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The role of the Search Manager is to be the day-to-day steward of search media for assigned brands and lead search campaign development, activation, and innovation. The Search Manager is expected to apply search mastery to deliver against client goals. The Search Manager will work closely with the Associate Director in the development and communication of all search strategy while owning tactical execution. In addition, the Search Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of the Search Analyst, including both project management to ensure timely delivery of all tasks and career development.
- Provide direction to Search Analyst to conduct and analyze keyword and audience research necessary to build a new campaign; review and package for delivery to client including full QA
- Responsible for gathering the research and data needed to formulate tactical plan development and recommendation for client delivery with oversight from the AD
- Provide direction to the Search Analyst for purposes of campaign structure and keyword and ad copy development
- Responsible for final QA before delivery to client
- Responsible for presenting recommendations, soliciting feedback, and directing Search Analyst to apply client feedback to keyword and copy proposal
- Actively contribute to account strategy, including annual budget development, KPIs, partner selection, new tactics, and tracking industry developments
- Ultimate oversight for all day to day budget and billing activity (pacing, Prisma management, draft billing, accuracy of budgets vs. strategy flowcharts)
- Upon campaign approval, responsible for QA of flowchart and buys
- Review paperwork necessary for purchase authorization and ensure vendor counter signature is received
- Primary party responsible for QA of trafficked approved plan into search platforms
- Primary party responsible for QA of all campaign components prior to launch (dayparting, bids, budget, targeting parameters)
- Responsible for Search Analyst’s management of campaign budgets, pacing and bid adjustments
- Responsible for recommending campaign adjustments based on performance trends
- Responsible for client communication of performance and competitive landscape
- Development and recommendation of optimizations and/or testing plans
- Responsible for campaign reporting and developing strategic insights with clear actionable items
- Responsible for building clear, concise, and cohesive quantitative analyses inclusive of strong data visualization
- Lead client status and reporting calls, including presentation of reporting
- Primary contact for resolving billing discrepancies in partnership with client strategy and billing reconciliation team
- Serve as lead for training of new Analysts and be a resource for ad hoc questions
- Lead client relationship with day to day contact and partner agencies (where applicable) by ensuring a seamless communication process
- Responsible for timely response to daily communication regarding campaign level inquiries (client, vendors, internal)
- Maintain professional, productive rapport with sales representatives/media vendors
- Demonstrate creativity and agility when problem solving prior to elevation to the AD
- Work closely with Search Analyst to establish priorities and manage workload
- Partner with AD to ensure upcoming deliverables are being proactively addressed
- Successful completion of training programs and requisite certifications
- Primary party responsible for pulling data and research components needed for new business pitches
- Contribute to development of slides for use in new business pitches
- Responsible for contributing to development of agency level POVs on industry happenings.
- Primary party responsible for customization of agency POVs for individual clients.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of paid search experience
- Demonstrated expertise in core MS Excel functions (vlookup, pivot tables, data visualization)
- Mastery of search platforms
- Mastery of all relevant tools for reporting, analytics, and competitive analysis
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation skills are a must
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Ability to work successfully with teams on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative/”hunger”
- Collaborative approach/attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.