Senior Associate, Strategy
- 2301 Rosecrans Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The role of the Senior Associate is to be the day-to-day steward on media issues for assigned brands, including accurate budget control and flow of media activity. You will be required to develop and maintain a strong knowledge of their clients’ business and apply their media understanding accordingly to help deliver against the clients’ needs/objectives. You will work closely with the Managers in the development and communication of all media recommendations. You will also be responsible for management, oversight and priority setting for respective Associates.
Our team is energetic, fun and collaborative. We work on the corporate differentiation/branding part of the account. We are committed to developing good work and enjoy our jobs and team.
- Assist the Manager in development of communication plan options and recommendations
- Maintain accurate budget control and flow of media activity, and update client on timely/consistent basis
- Demonstrate strong understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals (reach/frequency)
- Demonstrate proficiency with systems/tools (TARDIIS, MRI, Adviews)
- Gather and analyze appropriate research to provide sound, strategic, consumer-insights driven media recommendations
- Establish collaborative, productive working relationship with implementation teams to ensure media strategies are being delivered and brand goals/client needs are being met
- Ensure proper execution of communication plans by monitoring buys/schedules
- Develop strong working relationship with partner agencies (where/when applicable), helping create a seamless communications process
- Demonstrate creativity and agility when problem solving
- Deliver POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities
- Prepare media authorizations per approved plans/project requests
- Prepare & cascade buying specifications upon client authorizations
- Timely delivery of all work
- Work with the Manager on establishing PMP goals
- Continued participation in MDS offerings
- Coach and train Associates, including
- Proper/effective level of delegation
- Checking work for accuracy
- Teaching media fundamentals and activation of Connections College learnings
- Demonstrate professional, “lead by example” management style
- Assist in the evaluation of Associates during PMP process
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of one year of media experience
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize projects for self and Associate(s)
- Ability to accurately apply principles of media math
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Demonstrates initiative
- Collaborative approach/attitude
- Knowledge of Competitive tools like AdViews or a similar system and MRI for targeting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.