Manager, Paid Search / Commerce
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is looking for a Manager to join the Performance Media team. In concert with the Associate Media Director (AMD), the Manager is responsible for building and maintaining an effective and productive relationship with assigned client(s). The Manager will supervise a dedicated team in the creation, optimization, and execution of client search initiatives.
He/she will also assist in developing innovative search strategies to meet and exceed our clients’ business objectives. This position requires a “hands-on” manager with astute attention to process and detail, who possesses the ability to apply this detailed knowledge to actionable insights and recommendations.
The most critical requirements are to manage and ensure the team is executing well while paying attention to the big picture. True success requires the Manager to demonstrate skill in ‘owning’ and ‘being accountable for’ the business, which Starcom defines as a clear understanding of overarching, high level business objectives for the client, and how, strategically, Starcom is recommending we achieve those objectives.
The Manager is tasked to provide the digital team with client perspectives, insights, goals, and strategies, as well as to personally manage all communication plans, assignments, and projects within the team. The Manager communicates and coordinates with partner agencies to ensure a smooth execution of all digital products. This focal leadership role must be a model for the team in terms of communications style and frequency, as well as motivate, coach, guide, grow, and support assigned talent.
A high level of success is required in each of the following Core Competencies:
Action: Client Service & Problem Solving
- Drawing on previous experiences, uses a variety of approaches to identify client needs.
- Partners with clients to ensure their needs are met and their expectations surpassed.
- Continually searches for ways to increase client satisfaction.
- Understands the complex cause and effect patterns that may underlie issues and/or opportunities and thinks beyond the obvious.
- Identifies patterns and trends that relate to a particular situation and uses that knowledge to come up with creative solutions.
Interaction: Team Player & Opportunity Focused
- Driven to collaborate with reports, colleagues, and peers across the organization.
- Listens and responds to others in a respectful manner and develops give-and-take relationships.
- Brings substantive conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them calmly, quickly, and to mutual benefit.
- Remains solution-oriented, even in the face of disappointment and/or adversity.
- Consistently looks for ways to make things better through identifying opportunities to increase individual and organizational performance or results.
Personal Impact: Adaptable, Empathetic, and Passionate
- Open to new information, readily accepts change, and willing/able to listen to multiple perspectives.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and quickly adjusts thinking and actions should the realities of a situation shift.
- Works to understand others’ thoughts, feelings, and perspectives and uses this understanding to create win-win scenarios.
- Fosters an environment that allows others to love what they are doing.
- Always thinks about how a situation or decision will impact others.
- Shows an enthusiastic attitude and a genuine desire to succeed.
To achieve successful performance in this position, the Manager is expected to perform the following tactical job functions to the highest level of proficiency:
- Performance reporting with insights and optimization recommendations
- Managing search campaign performance against client goals
- Budget and performance projections for testing new search partners or technology
- Recommendations for using search to support new client objectives or campaigns
- Monthly client billing audits
- Delegating projects across the team as needed
- Partner with Associate Director to develop processes for improved work flow within Starcom and between agency partners and vendors
- Maintain stellar relationships with the vendor partners to further advance Starcom as a preferred client partner
- Providing formal training to new team employees
- Developing and presenting programmatic best practices to internal agency partners
- Selling in recommendations for new campaigns and strategies
- Optimization recommendations for existing campaigns based on reporting and analysis
- Working to master, identify, and communicate trends in search and in client industries
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3+ years of biddable media experience with focus on search
• Experience in applying search to brand-building & direct response initiatives
• Strong command of search research and reporting resources
• Deep experience with at least one of the major search marketing platforms
• Proficient mathematical abilities
• Excellent presentation skills:
o Conveys thoughts, ideas, feelings, and decisions in a clear, concise, and appropriate manner.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate strategy and performance to clients and internal teams
• Substantial knowledge of multiple digital media platforms and passion for the digital space
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.