- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Manager position will support and provide strategic media thought leadership for the Jack Daniels family of brands. This position is required to develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the client business and apply their media understanding accordingly to help deliver against the client’s needs/objectives. The Manager is responsible for the development and communication of all media recommendations, working with their direct report(s) and reporting into the Associate Director.
This role is within the strategy/planning team, however it will also require knowledge of digital planning and activation marketplaces. The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively across internal investment/specialty teams, external creative agency partners as well as select client teams. Knowledge of tools such as MRI, Kantar, Ad Intel, Power Editor, Prisma and DCM is vital. This role may also have exposure to global responsibilities as well as local U.S. opprtunities. Spirits industry experience not required but would be a plus.
- Take a leading role in development of communication plan options and recommendations
- Manage accurate budgets and flow of media activity- update client on timely/consistent basis
- Demonstrate strong understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals (reach/frequency)
- Demonstrate proficiency with Publicis Groupe and industry systems/tools (TARDIIS, MRI, Adviews)
- Gather and analyze appropriate research to provide sound, strategic, consumer-insights driven media recommendations
- Regularly showcase & present work (recommendations, proposals, etc) to client teams
- Foster a healthy, collaborative & productive working relationship with activation teams to ensure brand goals/client needs are being met
- Establish and grow healthy relationships with clients
- Manage 1-2 direct reports, taking an active role in their individual growth/career development
- Ensure proper execution of communication plans by monitoring buys/schedules
- Develop strong working relationship with partner agencies by helping to create a seamless communications process
- Establish professional, productive rapport with sales representatives/media vendors
- Demonstrate creativity and agility when problem solving
- Assist in development of POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.