Apex Global President
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
APEX is the value based solutions division of Publicis Media. We are a distinct and next-generation global trading entity which identifies new ways to deliver value to clients. Our innovative offerings via direct partnerships, principal investments and trade allow clients of all sizes to have custom solutions that best fit their business needs. In today’s fragmented and dynamic media world, new opportunities have arisen to offer clients significant opportunities to derive additional or exceptional value whilst also helping to drive our Publicis business forward.
APEX has been operating for 5 years, with a base in the US and full operations in 19 markets. We are a division in growth mode, actively investing in our talent, product, solutions and process.
We seek a leader for the entirety of the global business: focused on new client acquisition, current customer service and retention, market expansion, creating new sources of supply and building product to serve growing demand.
The Apex Global President will oversee all aspects of the operation, generally around 5 key areas.
- Creating deals with end media owners in unique manner based on Publcis Groupe investments
- Creating customized products built, owned and operated by Apex for sale to the Publicis client base and beyond
- Execution and activation of all Apex supply in market
- Generating demand for product and supply via agency and end-client awareness / sales
- Full operational, business, commercial, finance and general oversight of the Apex business
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage team of direct reports (Apex market leads) in key markets, with predominant focus on the US
- Evaluate viability and launch new markets with adherence to best practices and oversee global team who handles governance across our global footprint
- Oversight of the major regional businesses, with particular focus on the US market
- Working with media vendors locally, regionally and globally to identify opportunities for an APEX deal to be created
- Developing a clear understanding of the legal framework and accounting treatment for all deals and transactions
- Overseeing negotiation the specific arrangements with vendors and partners that will form the basis of the transaction
- Direct liaison with Agency CEOs, leadership to explain the Apex product mechanics and client benefits
- Work with the Apex Sales Directors, strategy and marketing to provide appropriate programs to fulfil client and agency needs
- Oversee Apex Content Ventures, bringing together programme finance and media trading
- Market and regional leads reporting in on the Apex fulfilment, execution and operations staff for all buys in-market
- Adherence to commercial standards and fiduciary responsibility toward Apex as a separate operating business
- Representing the Apex business with major global and domestic clients
- Creating a totality for APEX in sales that reaches agreed revenue and margin levels in 2020 and beyond
- Running a growth business
- Entrepreneurial spirit within the framework of a corporate environment
- End-customer interaction; requires liaising with CMOs/client side C-Suite executives to drive their business outcomes.
- Background in and experience of media trading and negotiation
- Possession of highly developed negotiation skills and the ability to drive for marginal gains in an ultra-competitive environment
- Possession of highly developed inter-personal skills that will enable the candidate to sell value based solutions to Agencies, Vendors and Clients.
- Be capable of commercial development whilst having to operate in a collaborative fashion across multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel to global markets to engage, motivate and develop new teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.