Manager, Media Research
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
Act as a front-line liaison between the client and client team and research/consumer professionals throughout the agency and Publicis network. Also, provide direction on media and consumer insights questions utilizing proprietary and syndicated advertising tools.
- Knowledge of media planning and activation a must
- Provide support on competitive resources such as Kantar Stradegy, including help generating raw data reports, interpreting data, providing client updates, and methodology support
- Leverage primary and secondary resources (e.g. MRI, Simmons), industry research and client-led initiatives to drive impact on media strategy and planning initiatives
- Hands-on knowledge of media "currency" resources such as Nielsen and Comscore to assist with core functions such as reach, frequency, inventory optimization and projected media plan delivery
- Support the integration of Publicis and agency resources against ad hoc requests such as local market planning, media tests, new product offerings from vendors, and more
- Collaborate with client research, insights, and analytics team; have deep knowledge of client’s business goals and challenges, and how they connect back to media planning
- Proactively educate internal and external clients on research, tools and approaches
- Exhibit a mastery of media concepts, terminology, media math, and media plan execution
- Help answer client questions, create client-ready presentations and present at client meetings
- Provide objective assessment and recommendation as to various research approaches, methodologies and tools on a brand-by-brand basis
- Evaluate new and current data partners, and identify new approaches to ensure our research is cutting edge
- Initiate, participate and author POV’s on various industry-leading media topics related to consumer insights, data and analytics
- Experience with CPG category a plus
- Bachelor's degree (Masters a plus) in Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, or any other discipline in which strong analytic and strategic skills are cultivated
- Critical-thinking, problem solving
- Strong positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Technical proficiency, particularly with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Technical curiosity with the ability to learn new systems and programs quickly
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and statistics proficiency
- Strong qualitative skills a plus, including some experience gleaning insight from observation
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and compelling story-telling skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, able to persuade audiences
- Ability to work successfully with teams on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and change, and be a resourceful net contributor
- Strong desire and expertise to work with emerging and/or digital media and ad technology
- Experience with media measurement tools including Kantar, Nielsen, comScore, MRI as well as 3rd party ad serving, syndicated research and web analytics
- Experience writing surveys and managing research vendors for custom projects a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.