Lead Software Engineer DATA SCIENCES
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Publicis Media is one of Publicis Groupe’s four solution hubs, aligning all of Publicis Groupe’s media agencies and operations. Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), is the world’s third largest communications group. The Data, Technology and Innovation Global Practice was created to deliver best-in-class programmatic solutions as well as to consolidate Publicis Media’s data and technology to transform our business from a service business to a platform business.
The Publicis Media Data Sciences practice is a global network of agency experts dedicated to ad technology implementation, data accuracy and governance, research, reporting and analytics. Our group is essential to every part of the media campaign development and delivery process that enables all advanced solutions for our clients.
We are actively recruiting for a Lead front-end software engineer who has strong experience in various front-end frameworks and develops software with a focus on design. Your primary focus will be setting standards and ensuring a consistent approach to front end development across all of our products by overseeing the build out of a reusable component library. You will work within an Agile environment and collaborate very closely with the UX/Product Design team to ensure their designs are developed to spec. As such, a commitment to collaborative problem solving and open communication is extremely important.
- You will have a small team of front-end Engineers (1-2 people), and ~90% of your day-to-day will be hands on development
- Implement front-end development standards across our suite of products
- Build and oversee the development of reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Experience with various front-end frameworks such as React (preferred), Angular, or Ember
- Extensive experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Intermediate understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
- Experience implementing Flux or Redux
- Comfort working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as NPM, Babel and Webpack
- A thorough understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, promises and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Comfort working with source control and GIT
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
- Familiarity with C#/.NET
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.