Sr. Data Engineer
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
Today’s marketing & media marketplace demands speed, agility, and mastery of data and analytics. With so much attention on “big data” and with changes in people’s digital media behavior across screens, the field of IT in marketing & media is evolving rapidly with great possibility for talented individuals who seek a vibrant and contemporary work environment. Expertise is needed to pioneer & evolve the agency data ecosystem and technologies in the mix as the options for marketers and end consumers increase and the overall landscape transforms.
The Starcom Advanced Analytics and Insights Team is based in Chicago. Selected candidate will architect and develop adaptive solutions that address the accelerating marketplace changes. The total team has a remit to find and tell data stories, including developing new interfaces, visualizations, methods, and applications to learn and act quickly to drive client marketing success. Team members are skilled statisticians, software developers, data engineers, data visualization, and advanced analytics experts who mine data to understand how experiences impact consumer behavior and what drives business value.
Starcom is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to design and build tools & processes that assist advanced analytics and visualization to turn complex data into compelling stories that influence change. Candidate will build custom data-driven applications for decision support, data exploration, and analytics enablement. Will setup large-scale database clusters to enable highly responsive and highly available database servers and storage. Advise on schema design, principles and establish governance over security, backup/recovery, maintenance, and code deployments
Candidate will provide support to analysts, providing automation, and incorporating their methodologies into applications for scaling across the organization. With responsibilities across multiple clients, this candidate will gain exposure to a variety of strategic business problems and the opportunity to contribute to our team’s set of innovative methods to solve them.
· Expert level development skills in MSSQL and Informatica (BDM, Powercenter, IDQ, B2B etc.)
· Strong knowledge of relational databases and data modelling (MSSQL)
· Expertise in database development, modeling and stored procedures
· Experience in various data modelling approaches (star/snowflake schema, snapshots, schemaless)
· Knowledge of best practices in data architecture and big data analytics
· Analyze stored procedures, stats, and queries for performance tuning and to understand access patterns
· Must have experience and/or thorough understanding of APIs and Web Services.
· Should be able to implement custom packages written in C# .NET and/or Python to ingest, process and store data.
· Experience managing multi-tenant data models
· Experience with data dictionaries, data catalogs and/or other metadata management solutions
· Experience designing/architecting business intelligence/reporting platforms
· Experience integrating data from multiple systems built using heterogeneous technologies
· Understand data warehouse design and dimensional modeling
· Deploy industry standards to develop data integration patterns that work with heterogeneous technologies
· Experience leading/mentoring a team of junior and mid-level software engineers
· Scrum methodology experience and agile development practices
· Exposure to requirements analysis and gathering
· Experience working with Services Oriented Architecture-based systems
· Collaborate to build a sustainable information architecture, best practices in master data management, reference data management, and metadata management
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
· Demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Familiarity with alternative data storage technologies (S3, MongoDb, Neo4j, Parquet, Avro)
· Experience working with NoSQL data models including document, graph, key-value, and columnar
· Database application development or scripting using languages such as R, Python, Scala, SAS, Hive, and Impala
· Best practices on managing enterprise data assets
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years relevant experience in the field including data architecture, modelling, storage, integration, and quality
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.