Associate Director, Analytics
- 205 Hamilton Row, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Associate Director of Analytics is a key driver of insight and strategic thinking. The primary responsibility of the Manager is to provide analytics-based strategic insights and directions to aid in the development of media & communications initiatives.
This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem-solving, and a critical understanding of offline & online media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, and be a team player. A “roll up the sleeves” approach is mandatory and a “get it done” attitude is a must. Specific responsibilities include coordination between the research, analytics & media teams ensuring high-quality analytical projects are effectively delivered.
Successful candidates will be multi-dimensional ‘rising-stars’ who are able to employ complex problem-solving skills, and are able to communicate these succinctly to a broad client and media stakeholder audience.
- Work with the team to design and execute analytical plans to improve the effectiveness of communications programs.
- As required/appropriate, perform hands-on analysis in support of results, including the development of conclusions and implications.
- Work with Analyst to perform ongoing analysis to ensure the timely adjustment/optimization of campaigns.
- Develop and maintain SQL-based reporting system.
- Emphasis on understanding dashboards and applying MMM findings, statistical testing to media planning.
- Partner with external analytical stakeholders on a daily basis to plan, execute and analyze projects.
- Supervise and mentor Analysts.
- Support agency new business process, as directed.
- 3-5 years of experience in performing analytics in marketing sciences capacity at a media agency, market research, consulting or pharmaceutical firm.
- Quantitative educational background (preferred advanced degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics, Quantitative Marketing).
- Strong analytical skills: able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations; experience in the analysis of large data sets to find useful relationships.
- Strong presentation skills. Proven ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to broad-based stakeholder audience.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL a must.
- Knowledge of web measurement technologies:oAd serving platforms (e.g. DART)
- Analytics software (e.g. Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics)
- Data visualization skills desirable (e.g. Tableau, Omniscope)
- Experience in a cross-functional team environment. Agency experience a big plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.