Manager, Decision Sciences
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
The Manager role is an early-level management position that drives media, brand, and business solutions across several key Starcom brands.
This position is an exciting opportunity to work with the growing Starcom Advanced Analytics & Insights (AAI) team, a group of skilled practitioners who develop impactful business results through data mining, measurement, and audience exploration.
The Manager helps measure the impact advertising has on consumers from a brand and ROI perspective using syndicated data, primary data, and client business data. The Manager uses research, data, and analytic techniques to answer key client business questions, develop advanced ‘test-and-learn’ approaches that roll-up to the client’s larger learning objectives, and implements best practices around research, analytics and campaign measurement.
Additionally, the Manager drives rich emotional and behavioral audience understanding, and connects the audience’s needs to media planning and buying. The manager has a strong ability to build and distill knowledge, seamlessly executes innovative research projects, and suggests ways to apply those learnings to drive business value.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work on key client across ad hoc and ongoing client specific projects
- Pioneer innovative approaches to address complex research and measurement challenges
- Analyze marketing data from conceptualization through presentation of the data (data visualization and storytelling); communicate complex concepts to nontechnical audiences
- Build frameworks that capture campaign performance, inform optimizations and impact future plans
- Lead KPI and key metrics reporting for in-campaign performance; determine behavior / brand impact, and ROI
- Construct and execute "test and learn" measurement and consumer research roadmaps tied to business goals
- Evaluate new and current data partners and new approaches for highest quality results
- Communicate opportunities, learnings and recommendations with authority and credibility
- Command expertise in media concepts, terminology, media math and media plan execution
- Work in partner with client research, insights and analytics team; have deep knowledge of client’s business goals and challenges
- Proactively educate internal and external clients on research, tools, technology, and approaches
- 3-5 years in media / marketing research, data analysis, or analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, business, engineering, statistics, marketing, or similar discipline
- Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets
- Experience with multiple methodological approaches for consumer, media and brand insight
- Strong grounding in traditional and digital media research, such as advertising effectiveness, ROI
- Experience with statistical software packages, especially SAS and SPSS, strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; PowerPoint and advanced Excel
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.