Senior Media Associate, Integrated Media Investment
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Senior Associate Media Buyer will work cross-functionally with internal teams and vendors to develop and execute campaigns across multiple channels (TV, Radio, OOH, Digital etc.) for a leading consumer electronics retail client. The ideal candidate for this position is an agile, proactive, team player who is curious and open to the changing face of media buying through technological advancement. Must haves include at least one year of experience in media buying/investment with some experience being directly within the digital space. This is a very collaborative team dedicated to great client service as well as fostering an environment for professional growth and innovation.
- Define and develop success metrics appropriate to campaign goals
- Possess strong knowledge of media buying including staying on top of current trends
- Manage invoice reconciliation initiatives
- Collaborate with internal and vendor partners to successfully execute brand campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with traffic team to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met
- Communicates in a professional and effective manner, both internally and externally
- Embraces new technology, including tools and systems, and looks for ways to better these in a positive way
- Provides and conducts all necessary training and development to assigned associate(s); Includes Buying, Planning, Operational tasks, general management of strategy/client requests and systems and tools.
- Takes the lead in responding to majority of emails/requests from account team and delegates those that are appropriate for an associate to respond to
- Manage budgets to make sure the money is going to the right place, and that it’s not being overspent in any one area
- Manage tactical planning work with associate to issue RFP’s, select media vehicles, mapping and negotiating using various planning platforms
- Work with the traffic team to ensure that all materials are ordered and trafficked appropriately
- Work with associate to steward the audit reports of the inventory that are expected with each campaign
- Responsible for generating and delivering various media reporting to account teams and internal finance teams both on scheduled and ad hoc basis
- Develop and deliver professional media presentations and documentation that is client ready
- Ensures all work for assigned clients is completed accurately by his/her associate by reviewing all appropriate work, including cost exercises, draft billing reporting, general reporting and decks
- Holds weekly or bi-weekly statuses with assigned associate(s) to discuss the prioritization of workload to ensure deadlines are met and to ensure flawless execution
- Notifies Associate Director and Director, if appropriate, of any issue or potential problem to help troubleshoot
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertisement, Communications or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in media buying and planning
- Previous experience within digital media
- Excellent mathematics skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong vendor management skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.