Supervisor, Media Planning
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Media Supervisor will focus on servicing clients in the creation, execution, and monitoring of media plans tosecure the best investment options in a variety of mediums to maximize clients’ reach to targeted consumers. The ideal candidate for this position will be a thoughtful decision maker and team player who loves data and has the proven ability to lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation and audience development. This is an energetic, collaborative team that partners with an analytics-driven client to provide guidance as they continue to grow and evolve their brand.
- Manage planning with heavy collaboration across digital, TV, social, programmatic
- Own tactical plan development, recommendation building, and negotiations across their respective channels
- Collaborate with key partners including clients, internal teams, and leadership
- Lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation, and audience development
- Analyze data to inform purchase and channel allocation
- Develop guidelines & budget allocations
- Lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation and audience development
- Oversee day-to-day campaign execution and is responsible for ensuring campaigns deliver on KPIs
- Support development of strategic approach and experience design by delivering channel ideas and providing the link to reality of historical performance and in-market opportunities
- Responsible for management and development of Associates
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, applied mathematics, consumer insights or related field preferred
- 3+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of digital channels
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to detect and translate a story behind numbers/data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to translate and present complicated ideas in a simple, and easy to understand yet creative style
- Willingness to learn and create solutions that challenge the status quo
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities with the ability to think unconventionally in proposing solutions
- Negotiation and influence skills – steeped in required industry, brand, and competitive knowledge
- A proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively and work well under pressure to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Strong process development skills
- Proven experience in effectively coaching and developing others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint as well as other equivalent programs and as appropriate specific industry tools and technology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.